This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 2:20 AM by user12502220 RSS

Page Parameters

user12502220 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hello .
i want to know how can i pass parameter from one page to another in webcente spaces , my case as the following :

the first page display folders from UCM , each folder has link get another page contains all content on it .

the link is :

http://localhost7777/webcenter/spaces/DU_Facultys/page/album_details?
regiontemplateid=My_Template&CollectionName=#{node.propertyMap['xCollectionID'].value}">

how i can let the another page get this parameter "CollectionName" ??

i added page parameters on page "Album_details" is this enough ?? or should i use binding statement ?? if yes where ?

Edited by: user12502220 on Nov 18, 2012 6:30 AM
  • 1. Re: Page Parameters
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Hi.
    #{param.CollectionName}
    // Or
    #{param['CollectionName']}
    Regards.
  • 2. Re: Page Parameters
    user12502220 Newbie
    where should i write this ??
    on page parameter or on content presenter parameter ??

what i know i couldn'e write addtional parametr on presenter just "datasource and region template "
    so do you mean this statmaent must be written on page parameter ?? then it will passing to page without binding ??
  • 3. Re: Page Parameters
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Hi.

Passing parameters through URL like you said ?param1=value1&param2=value2 then you can access directly using the code above.

If you want to map this param to "page parameters"then you only have to match #{param.value} to your page parameter.
    Inside the page then you can use #{bindings.mypageparam.inputValue} to get the value (in your Content Prensenter params or where you want).

Regards.
  • 4. Re: Page Parameters
    user12502220 Newbie
    but how i can binding this variable on my content presenter ???
    coz in Content Presenter propreites thier no place to wirte binding statment

FYI , am using Custom Content Presenter that i created by sitestudio

Edited by: user12502220 on 19/11/2012 12:52 ص
  • 5. Re: Page Parameters
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Ok sorry i didn't read that you are working with Content Presenter using Site Studio Region Templates.

I'll do some test first.

Regards.
  • 6. Re: Page Parameters
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Hello again.

In Site Studio Region Templates, used by your Content Presenter, you can access URL params (In your Region Template) directly with IDOC script as follow:
    <!--$CollectionName-->
    Regards.
  • 7. Re: Page Parameters
    user12502220 Newbie
    i tried to do this but no data returned ..

let me give you more details :

-- the first page custom taskflow is created and deployed in webcenter spaces , the link which included to get the second page is :

http://192.168.30.39:7777/webcenter/spaces/#{pageFlowScope.spaceName}/page/album_details?regiontemplateid=New_Dammam_Album_RT&amp;CollectionName=#{rows.Dcollectionid}

-- in the second page (album_details) :

i create parameter "CollectionName "
    with value >> #{param['CollectionName']}

now i need to use this parameter in my sitestudio presenter , the value od CollectionName is passed to page but i couldn't use it in my template
  • 8. Re: Page Parameters
    user12502220 Newbie
    what i tried to do is work , but when i choose "Folder content" instade of "Single Node"
    in this case i couldn't user my Region template coz its supported only in "Single Node" !!!!
    is thiar any way to let webtier fetaure appear when choose "Folder Content " ?????????

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points