This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 10:19 AM by chris barbieri RSS

How to block Entity Currency and make only ENtity Currency Adj available?

927283 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have some P&L accounts which need to be blocked for Entity currency but have a calculation in rules. These accounts still need to be available for journals. I have ensured that the Is Calculated is 'N'. Then I ve set up formulas for the accounts. Also I ve ensured that the accounts are non input for Entity Currency. The entity currency calculations are happening fine. I can even post journals but when I run a consolidation, the amount in ENtity Currency Adj dissapears.
Thiis is the Sub routine for No input. I guess I'll need to add a HS.Clear for these accounts as well

Sub PANDLNOINPUT()

Dim sAccount, aAccountList
     aAccountList = HS.Account.List ("PANDLV2","[Base]")
     For Each sAccount In aAccountList
          HS.NoInput "A#" & sAccount & ".V#<Entity Currency>"

Next

End Sub

Also for the calculation of teh P and L accounts, I have the following rules

Calculate Cash Flow
'=================================================================================================================
Sub CalcCPandLFlow(sPOVScenario)

Dim nVal
     Dim aCustom1List, sCustom1, aCustom4List, sCustom4
     Dim sPriorScenario

aCustom1List = HS.Custom1.List("", "C1_AllBaseXNone")
     aCustom4List = HS.Custom4.List("", "C4_AllBaseXNone")

sPriorScenario = GetPriorScenario(sPOVScenario)

For Each sCustom1 In aCustom1List
          For Each sCustom4 In aCustom4List

'Operating Profit
               nVal = HS.GetCell("A#B20201.C1#" & sCustom1 & ".C4#" & sCustom4 & ALL_TOPXC1XC4)
               Call SetValPL("A#P20201.C1#" & sCustom1 & ".C4#" & sCustom4, nVal)

Finally the sub routine for calculation is

Sub SetValPL(sCFAccount, nVal)

If nVal <> 0 Then

Call HS.SetDataWithPOV(sCFAccount & ALL_NONEXC1XC4, nVal, False)
     Else
          Call HS.Clear(sCFAccount & ALL_NONEXC1XC4)
     End If

Please help me as we are in year end. Need help desperately

End Sub
  • 2. Re: How to block Entity Currency and make only ENtity Currency Adj available?
    cbhojan Newbie
    Please use the WriteToFile Function to troubleshoot the lines.

General Information Regarding Using a WriteToFile Subroutine as a Tool when Working with HFM Rules. (Doc ID 1111670.1)
  • 3. Re: How to block Entity Currency and make only ENtity Currency Adj available?
    chris barbieri Oracle ACE
    The clear action takes place within Sub SetValPL, but you are not limiting its exectution in the value dimension. As a result, the clear is being executed in every value member in which Sub Calculate runs. You must add a condition to allow it to only run when the point of view value member is not Entity Cur Adjs, or whenever you want it to. Generally speaking every rule in your file should at least have a value dimension condition with you determining when it should or should not execute.

--Chris                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points