This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
There may be a better way but this should work:
- copy the VDI files (just to be safe)
- start the virtualbox GUI and create a new machine (just like you would when creating a machine in the first place)
- instead of creating a new virtual disk, select "Use an Existing Virtual Hard Drive" and point to one of your .vdi files
- you should be able to boot that machine (you may have to add your second drive later)
- halt the machine and import it back into VDI just like you would with a new template
I speak of my virtual machine snapshots. I only willing files vdi base and snapshot directory (they were on another disk in the crash). So I did more configuration files for the virtual machine (*. Vbox)
What I want to do is to rebuild the machine with disks and snapshot.
What I have problem is to attach snapshots basic disks.
Exite there a procedure, a program to do this?
Thank you for your help.