This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 3:13 AM by timdaly - oracle RSS

Queue vs Distributed queue

601428 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Guys,

Could you please help me resolve some doubts on Regular Queue and Distributed Queues.

1. What is the basic Difference between regular q and distributed q.
2. Can we deploy the regular q on clustered weblogic, If yes, how will this be different from deploying a distributed q on cluster.

Regards
  • 1. Re: Queue vs Distributed queue
    Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle Expert
    Hi,

Queue or Distributed Queue had same set of working design but only one difference is one queue is set for one pinned services where as Distributed queue is targeted to Cluster that means, One distirbuted queue can have multiple queue which are targeted to individual managed server or JMS server.

I hope you know difference between Uniform distributed queue and Distributed queue.

Uniform Distributed queue will created its own temporary queue destination on run time where as Distributed queue will required physical queue to assigned with in clustere.

Hope I address your query.

Regards,
    Kal
  • 2. Re: Queue vs Distributed queue
    timdaly - oracle Explorer
    A distributed queue is a jndi object that can be targeted to multiple JMS servers. It actually forwards the JMS message to one of the queue members which make up the distributed queue, which are just a number of regular JMS queues.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13222_01/wls/docs90/jms/dds.html#1313220 explains it

A regular queue cannot be targeted to a cluster.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points