1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 12:00 PM by Tshifhiwa RSS

this region cannot be rendered at design time

Tshifhiwa
      hi am trying to make my jsff page to be in insert mode when it load i create my insert call method in my task flow,am in jdeveloper 11.1.1.6.0

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 9:29 AM

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/21 8:59 PM
        • 1. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
          Timo Hahn
          A region can't be rendered as is at design time. You can render the fragment (the jsff).
          You see the region when you run the application.

Timo
          • 2. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
            Tshifhiwa
            yes am able to see my jsff region page when i run my application,but the page is not in insert mode, and in design of my jspx page it shows the error this region cannot be rendered at design time , is because i mix jsff page with jspx page

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 9:56 AM

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 10:11 AM

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 10:17 AM
            • 3. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
              Timo Hahn
              There is no insert mode at design time.
              What are you talking about?

Timo
              • 4. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                Frank Nimphius-Oracle
                Hi,

embedding a region (with page fragments) in jspx documents is not a reason for createInsert not to work. A reason for this could be that you use a different collection in the page fragment and the method activity

Frank
                • 5. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                  Tshifhiwa
                  ok this is what i have done,i go to data control i go to my view operation i drag and drop the createInsert operation to my bounded task,than i make the createinsert method my defauld activity

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/21 8:57 PM
                  • 6. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                    kdario
                    >
                    it shows the error this region cannot be rendered at design time
                    >
                    This is not error, jdev can't render taskflow if you have MethodCall activity as default activity.
                    >
                    but the page is not in insert mode
                    >

This is probably because of af:query component.
                    Try to remove ResultComponentId property in af:query.
                    If this works, then you can override QueryListener property to programmatically refresh table after query execution.
                    For custom QueryListener example see http://andrejusb.blogspot.com/2008/11/adf-query-component-and-view-criteria.html
                    After you programmatically execute af:query, refresh result table with AdfFacesContext.getCurrentInstance.addPartialTarget(yourResultTable);

Dario
                    • 7. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                      Tshifhiwa
                      it does not work i remove ResultComponentId,even if i take out in partial trigger
                      <af:query id="qryId1" headerText="Search" disclosed="true"
                                            value="#{bindings.ImplicitViewCriteriaQuery.queryDescriptor}"
                                            model="#{bindings.ImplicitViewCriteriaQuery.queryModel}"
                                            queryListener="#{bindings.ImplicitViewCriteriaQuery.processQuery}"
                                            queryOperationListener="#{bindings.ImplicitViewCriteriaQuery.processQueryOperation}"
                                            shortDesc="Search For Existing table"
                                            inlineStyle="width:900px;" partialTriggers="::t1"/>
                      my taskflow is
                      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
                      <adfc-config xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/controller" version="1.2">
                        <task-flow-definition id="MaintainSchema-task-flow">
                          <default-activity id="__32">CreateInsert</default-activity>
                          <view id="maintainSchema">
                            <page>/maintainSchema.jsff</page>
                          </view>
                          <method-call id="CreateInsert">
                            <method>#{bindings.CreateInsert.execute}</method>
                            <outcome id="__26">
                              <fixed-outcome>CreateInsert</fixed-outcome>
                            </outcome>
                          </method-call>
                          <control-flow-rule id="__67">
                            <from-activity-id id="__68">CreateInsert</from-activity-id>
                            <control-flow-case id="__69">
                              <from-outcome id="__70">CreateInsert</from-outcome>
                              <to-activity-id id="__71">maintainSchema</to-activity-id>
                            </control-flow-case>
                          </control-flow-rule>
                          <use-page-fragments/>
                        </task-flow-definition>
                      </adfc-config>
                      • 8. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                        kdario
                        You don't need partialTriggers="::t1" on your af:query.
                        If you used CreateInsert operation for CfgTablesView inside your task flow, then you should get new row in table "t1" (of course, after you remove ResultComponentId - or delete entire af:query component :) )
                        So, check pageDef of your CreateInsert method call to see which iterator/view object is referenced.

Dario
                        • 9. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                          Tshifhiwa
                          am still geting this region cannot be rendered at design time in my jspx page and am not loading my application in insert mode

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 1:45 PM

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 2:20 PM

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/21 8:58 PM
                          • 10. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                            kdario
                            You will always get "this region cannot be rendered at design time" because your task flow starts with method call.
                            Try to change ChangeEventPolicy="ppr" to ChangeEventPolicy="none" for your iterator in myjsff pageDef (and of course, remove ResultComponentId property).

Dario

Edited by: kdario on Nov 19, 2012 2:52 AM
                            • 11. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                              Tshifhiwa
                              i change ChangeEventPolicy="ppr" to ChangeEventPolicy="none" and remove ResultComponentId property now it does not allow me to search data,amd is n ot in insert mode

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 2:32 PM

Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/21 8:58 PM
                              • 12. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                                kdario
                                When you remove ResultComponentId, af:query will not refresh table so you can't see results(for example, you can refresh this table programmatically).
                                But, problem is with insert operation. Is this work when you add create insert button in your page(revert ChangeEventPolicy to ppr)?

Dario
                                • 13. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                                  Tshifhiwa
                                  yes my button createinsert work when i revert ChangeEventPolicy to ppr even none,the only problem is when the page load is not in insert mode
                                  <af:commandButton actionListener="#{bindings.CreateInsert1.execute}"
                                                                    text="Add New"
                                                                    disabled="#{!bindings.CreateInsert1.enabled}"
                                                                    id="cb8"/>
                                  Edited by: adf0994 on 2012/11/19 3:31 PM
                                  • 14. Re: this region cannot be rendered at design time
                                    kdario
                                    Have you tried to delete af:query component?
                                    Before this, try to set InitialQueryOverridden="true" for ImplicitViewCriteriaQuery(and revert resultComponentId to "::t1")
                                    I suppose that af:query component initially clear RowSet so you don't see new row.

Dario
                                    1 2 Previous Next