5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 4:13 AM by Ivruksha RSS

iExpenses - Account Generation

Sree Reddy
      Hi Gurus,

I am creating the project and not project related expenses in i expenses module.Once i enter the all the required data, values for segments like company, department, account and so on .. are cumming default.

Please let me know whether its cumming from GL Account of Expense report template which is created in AP or it is cumming from project account generator.

Thanks,
      Sreehari.
        • 1. Re: iExpenses - Account Generation
          User248430
          Hi Sreehanri,

the GL Accounts default from the Expense Report template. However the cost centre is overridden by the cost centre in the default expense account in the employee assignments in HR.

Thanks and Regards,

MPH
          • 2. Re: iExpenses - Account Generation
            Sree Reddy
            Hi Guru's,

here my requirement is, based on project entered in expense report, i have to generate the accounts.

Please let me which workflow ( Workflow name ) i have to modify / process to do the above requirements.

Regards,
            Sreehari.

Edited by: user10741694 on Nov 20, 2012 4:54 AM
            • 3. Re: iExpenses - Account Generation
              Ivruksha
              Hi,

the link between Payables Expense Reports and Projects Module is established through the field "Projects Expenditure Type" in the Expense Report Template. The value of this field is however defined in the Projects Module.
              If you switch responsibility to Projects Module, and navigate to Setup > AutoAccounting >Lookup Sets / Rules / Assign Rules, those are the functions that controls the account codes to be defaulted or picked up by expense reports ....

Reference
              [ID 882193.1] - How To Ensure Correct Natural Account Values Are Used For Project Related Expense Items

Regards,
              Ivruksha
              • 4. Re: iExpenses - Account Generation
                Sree Reddy
                Hi Gurus,

I have created expense report, generally account will default from GL Account from Expense template for non project expense reports. But it is not happening, i mean account is not populating in expense report. Is there any setup have to do / any solution . Please let me know.

Regards,
                Sreehari.
                • 5. Re: iExpenses - Account Generation
                  Ivruksha
                  Hi Sreehari,

oracle clearly states that Expense reports created from Internet expense module would be of status NEVER VALIDATED and there would be no Distribution records created until the Invoice is VALIDATED.
                  This hints us INVOICE VALIDATION is a separate step ....upon performing INVOICE VALIDATION, you should be able to view the Distribution accounts ....

References-
                  No Distributions for Exported Expense Reports in AP_INVOICE_DISTRIBUTIONS_ALL Table Prior to Invoice Validation - Is this intended? [ID 1065571.1]

Regards,
                  Ivruksha