7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 5:28 AM by IDM_newbie RSS

OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User

IDM_newbie
      Hello Experts,

I am trying to delete a User in OIM 11gR2. I search for the user and open the User Details page. Then i click on the Delete User hyperlink. But at the same time, a Delete Users page come up having a lable named Catalog and a search text field below it.
      Kindly help me with this.
        • 1. Re: OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User
          Nishith Nayan
          just click on submit button in catalog and the user will be deleted
          • 2. Re: OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User
            IDM_newbie
            There is no Submit Button on the page as such. There is a lable named Catalog, a text field and another lable named Request Profiles
            • 3. Re: OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User
              Nishith Nayan
              there should be submit button on top right. just provide justification text and Effedctive Date field and click on submit

To delete a user:

1.     In the Users section under Administration, search for and select the user you want to delete.
              2.     Delete the user in one of the following ways:
              o     Click Delete on the toolbar.
              o     From the Actions menu, select Delete.
              o     Click the user login of the user record that you want to delete. On the User Details page, click Delete User on the toolbar.
              3.     Verify that the selected user is displayed in the Target Users section.
              4.     If required, in the Target Users section, click the plus icon to search for more target users and add to the list of users that you want to delete. You can also view the user details by clicking the User Details link for each user.
              5.     In the Justification field, enter a justification for deleting the user.
              6.     In the Effective Date field, specify a date from which the user account must be removed.
              7.     Click Submit. A request to delete the user is created, which is subject to approval.

If action performed using xelsysadm(or System Administrator) it will lead to direct delete else subjected to approval
              • 4. Re: OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User
                IDM_newbie
                Hi NN,

The selected user is not getting displayed in the Target Users section. I clicked on the + icon to add a user. But after selecting the user and clicking Add, the user does not get displayed in the Target Users section.
                • 5. Re: OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User
                  Nishith Nayan
                  just refresh the page by clicking F5. and do it. It is strange that you are unable to see the 'Submit' Button

can you add the same user from catalog page itself (in the Target Users section, click the plus icon to search for more target users and add to the list of users that you want to delete)
                  • 6. Re: OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User
                    IDM_newbie
                    Still the user selected user does not get displayed
                    • 7. Re: OIM 11gR2 : How to delete a User
                      IDM_newbie
                      I am able to see the Submit button, but the problem is that the selected user does noty get displayed in the
                      text area. And with this state, when i enter a justification and a date value and press Submit button, then an error message is displayed saying "User is not existing"