This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 2:48 AM by 886436 RSS

Edit Check-Out Confirmation page!

886436 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all!

I need to modfiy this text on the Check-Out confirmation page for an item:

"It is strongly recommended that you save the file(s) to a directory other than the browser's default directory. Use the right mouse button on the link(s) below to choose a save option."

It seems that I had found the correct strings in the ww_strings.htm file in the \Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_ECM1\ucm\idc\resources\core\lang folder. However, my changes are not being picked up at all! Can you point me to where might be my problem, or if there is another file that needs to be modified?

Thank you!
Anya
  • 1. Re: Edit Check-Out Confirmation page!
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Can you point me to where might be my problem, or if there is another file that needs to be modified?
    Well, it is quite difficult to tell you what else you should do, if you give no details about what you have done.

To modify the Check-Out confirmation page
    - check what service is called (in the URL): CHECKIN_CONFIRM_FORM
    - then, find (most likely in std_services.htm) which template is used: CHECKIN_CONFIRM_FORM
    - then, find (in templates.hda) the filename defining the template: checkin_confirm.htm
    - then, you may either modify the file directly, or check what includes are used, or finally, allocate the includes and find what strings from ww_strings.htm are used

If your changes don't display (how have you made them?) it is most likely that you have not made them in the correct place. Note that ww_strings.htm is often modified by patches (components) and unless you modify the most recent one, or create a custom component of your own with higher LOAD ORDER, they won't apply.
  • 2. Re: Edit Check-Out Confirmation page!
    886436 Newbie
    Hello and thank you for some clues!

So I found that this template is responsible: chkook.htm, and the message is probably "wwCheckOutConfirm". However, when I go to ww_strings.htm file, I see this:
    <@wwCheckOutConfirm=Check-Out Confirmation@> This refers to a confirmation of the check-out action.

I cannot find any references to where to actually edit this string? Or is this a string at all?

Thank you!
    Anya
  • 3. Re: Edit Check-Out Confirmation page!
    jiri.machotka Guru
    I'd recommend you to go top-down. Namely,

1. create your own custom component
    2. there, create a new template with the same name like the one you are trying to replace, but higher load order. Copy the code from the template, but change something (e.g. add a string to the page) that will help you to differentiate that your custom template is really used. Test everything.

Once it works, you may step down from the template to includes, from includes to strings (using the same approach).

chkook.htm does not look like a standard piece of code. Quick (and dirty) fix might also be that you take the custom component and put your translation string there.
  • 4. Re: Edit Check-Out Confirmation page!
    886436 Newbie
    Thank you! I've added this in a separate custom component, and it works fine now - the message is updated!

Thanks for your help!
    Anya

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points