This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 2:49 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

R12 fresh installation

975026 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

Can anyone advise me on how does Rapid install validates the Filesystem during the multinode install for the remote apps tier while running the fresh install from db tier. I am trying to do the install with 2-node apps tier and getting the error while validating the location for apps tier FS. My user/group configurations are as below running rapid install from db tier:

Db Tier: Using oraitg:oinstall
id
uid=10069(oraitg) gid=600(oinstall) groups=600(oinstall),1001(dba),2021(image),6058(it gprd)

Fs for binary here is : /u01/oracle

1-node of appl tier: using applitg:itgprd
id
uid=4028(applitg) gid=4028(itgprd) groups=1001(dba),4028(itgprd)

Fs for binary here is : /u002/shared

2-node of appl tier:using applitg:itgprd
id
uid=4028(applitg) gid=4028(itgprd) groups=1001(dba),4028(itgprd)

Fs for binary here is : /u002/shared

On adding apps node I am specifying above FS during rapid install gives an error to "validate apps user/group".
  • 1. Re: R12 fresh installation
    Kashif M Oracle ACE
    Hi, Please follow MOS note:
    12.1.1 Multi-Node-Install - Rapidwiz is failing with error 'Unable to validate apps user/group' [ID 1060214.1]
    thanks
  • 2. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    Thank you will try that , but have one more query before I proceed.

With respect to multi-node configuration and shared FS configuration , Do I have to have some specific notes to be taken care? As My application tier have shared FS. And planning to have 2-node RAC for db tier.
  • 3. Re: R12 fresh installation
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    972023 wrote:
    Thank you will try that , but have one more query before I proceed.

With respect to multi-node configuration and shared FS configuration , Do I have to have some specific notes to be taken care? As My application tier have shared FS. And planning to have 2-node RAC for db tier.
    No, just select "Shared File System" when you run Rapid Install -- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12842/T422699g54568.htm#3801603

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    Thanks much for the response. So for the multinode shared appltop configuration , is it mandate to execute from root or specific oracle/applmgr (dbtier user / appl tier user ) should also fine ? As per the install note :

"On machines containing multiple nodes, you can assign one user account to be the owner of the database node file system, and another to be the owner of the Applications node file system. For this type of install, Rapid Install can install both nodes in one run if the install is started by the root user. If you are installing on a machine with only one node to install, or with all nodes sharing the same user, you can run the install as either the root user or the specific user for those nodes."

Edited by: 972023 on Nov 19, 2012 11:31 AM
  • 5. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    According to the note ( 'Unable to validate apps user/group' [ID 1060214.1) mentioned by you it says to create the appl user on the db tier and assign it to a grp and then run rapidwiz (this is on db tier). I would like to understand how does this helps, as during rapidwiz you add the application node details with the user/grp on appl node so the rapidwiz should check the user on the appl node specified. Please advise me here.

Edited by: 972023 on Nov 19, 2012 11:41 AM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 6. Re: R12 fresh installation
    972023 wrote:
    Thanks much for the response. So for the multinode shared appltop configuration , is it mandate to execute from root or specific oracle/applmgr (dbtier user / appl tier user ) should also fine ? As per the install note :

"On machines containing multiple nodes, you can assign one user account to be the owner of the database node file system, and another to be the owner of the Applications node file system. For this type of install, Rapid Install can install both nodes in one run if the install is started by the root user. If you are installing on a machine with only one node to install, or with all nodes sharing the same user, you can run the install as either the root user or the specific user for those nodes."

Edited by: 972023 on Nov 19, 2012 11:31 AM
    Yes, run it as root if you want to use applmgr/oracle users.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 7. Re: R12 fresh installation
    972023 wrote:
    According to the note ( 'Unable to validate apps user/group' [ID 1060214.1) mentioned by you it says to create the appl user on the db tier and assign it to a grp and then run rapidwiz (this is on db tier). I would like to understand how does this helps, as during rapidwiz you add the application node details with the user/grp on appl node so the rapidwiz should check the user on the appl node specified. Please advise me here. Correct, but it is a good practice to have the two users created on both servers.Thanks,Hussein                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 8. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    Thank you all , for resolving this issue, According to the next steps I completed my Installation on Db_tier and one of the application tier. At the finish stage of the appltn tier installation , I Am trying to valid the login page "Connect to Oracle Applications Release 12.1.1" or login in on the URl for my oracle apps but the page do not displays.

Please let me know if there is any post already available for this issue. I tried below things already :

- Tried restart my application on the 1st Appl node and check the login page.
    - status check seems to be fine as well:

adopmnctl.sh status

You are running adopmnctl.sh version 120.6

Checking status of OPMN managed processes...

Processes in Instance: ITGPRD_varhpr165
    --------------------------------------------------------------+---------
    ias-component | process-type | pid | status
    --------------------------------------------------------------+---------
    OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oafm | 30826 | Alive
    OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:forms | 30727 | Alive
    OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oacore | 30615 | Alive
    HTTP_Server | HTTP_Server | 30396 | Alive

adopmnctl.sh: exiting with status 0

adopmnctl.sh: check the logfile /u002/shared/ITGPRD/inst/apps/ITGPRD_varhpr165/logs/appl/admin/log/adopmnctl.txt for more information ...

Please let me know if any suggestions ?
  • 9. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    Retsrting the thread , with the next issues
  • 10. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    In addition when I checked /u002/shared/ITGPRD/inst/apps/ITGPRD_varhpr165/logs/ora/10.1.3/opmn/HTTP_Server~1.log which is something like below:

/etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[24]: grep: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[34]: uname: not found [No such file or directory

not sure why, cause I see the path already been set properly.

echo $PATH
    /u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/apps_st/comn/util/unzip/unzip::/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/opt/java1.6/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/common_data/local/bin:/bin/:/home/applitg/local/bin:.:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/ant/bin

which grep
    /bin/grep

Can this be a reason for the page not being displayed ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 11. Re: R12 fresh installation
    I Am trying to valid the login page "Connect to Oracle Applications Release 12.1.1" or login in on the URl for my oracle apps but the page do not displays.
    Do you get any error message?

Please check Apache log files for any errors (access_log* and error_log*).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 12. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    Yes i did checked getting the same message as in HTTP_Server~1.log, as mentioned in my earlier post. But the PATH is sett as fine.

tail -10 access_log.1353369600
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:46:09 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:46:29 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:46:49 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:47:09 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:47:29 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:47:49 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:48:09 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:48:29 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:48:49 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"
    127.0.0.1 - - [20/Nov/2012:13:49:09 -0500] "HEAD /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 0 0 "-" "-"

tail -10 error_log.1353369600
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[34]: uname: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[34]: [: argument expected
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[44]: uname: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[44]: uname: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[81]: grep: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[81]: grep: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[94]: uname: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[94]: [: argument expected
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[94]: uname: not found [No such file or directory]
    /etc/profile[69]: .[11]: .[94]: [: argument expected                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 13. Re: R12 fresh installation
    As applmgr user, source the application env file and issue "echo $PATH" and make sure the "/bin" directory is set in the PATH.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 14. Re: R12 fresh installation
    975026 Newbie
    Thanks for the update, But the path is set correctly , mentioned below for reference:

echo $PATH
    /u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/perl/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/apps_st/appl/fnd/12.0.0/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/apps_st/comn/util/unzip/unzip::/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/opt/java1.6/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:*/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/*usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/common_data/local/bin:/bin/:/home/applitg/local/bin:.:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/bin:/u002/shared/ITGPRD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/ant/bin
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points