This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 1:27 AM by RKISHORE RSS

ATG Integration Repository for Data Add/Update from 3rd party systems

956002 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I am trying to implement integration repository for retrieving data from 3rd party systems like MDM through SOA layer. My aim is to retrieve data like catalog information in an xml format. As per the latest Siebel Integration document, I could not find reference to Integration repository. It rather refers to mapped data in startSQLRepository format and use of ATG import service for data import. I like to know if ATG import service is the latest recommendation rather than integration repository. I see that implementing integration repository looks simpler than ATG import service. Are there any practical issues like performance when we use integration repository?

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: ATG Integration Repository for Data Add/Update from 3rd party systems
    Gautam Singh Journeyer
    You can find reference to integration repository in "ATG Web Services and Integration Framework Guide"
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24152_01/Platform.10-1/ATGWSFrameGuide/html/index.html
    Though Integration repository has its overhead in terms of performance and is not recommended in performance intensive scenarios.
    We have implemented a simple webservice based solution for integrating with 3rd party systems with utilizing EH Cache/MemCache to cache service requests when and where needed.
    That works pretty well for us.
  • 2. Re: ATG Integration Repository for Data Add/Update from 3rd party systems
    956002 Newbie
    Hi Gautam,
    Thank you for your reply. I see that you have used a simple webservice based solution for integration.
    Did you use the ATG Tibco adapter in your case for the remote procedure call?
    In my case, my middleware is Oracle SOA and end point is MDM. I am curious to know how the service is integrated with ATG.

Documentation speaks about implementing invokeRPC of Command interface and making a rpc call. So, is there any ATG reference for making a rpc call or we can use our own proprietary service call.

Thanks.
  • 3. Re: ATG Integration Repository for Data Add/Update from 3rd party systems
    Gautam Singh Journeyer
    When I say simple Webservice I mean no ATG Integration repository. I have consumed webservice using Axis2 and JBoss wsconsume and called the webservice from ATG components.
    You need to do some ground work to be able to call the webservice including appropriate libraries into your ATG-Classpath. For implementing webservice I would recommend JAX-WS based webservice or REST based webservice. JAX-WS is SOAP based webservice and is very easy to implement with just annotations. I have used JBoss JAX-WS reference implementation which I find very easy to use. ATG also provide framework to expose any component as REST based service which again requires some ground work like difinf roles and users and configuring security.

Regarding using Tibco, yes I have used both Tibco and SAP XI as middleware/integration system with SAP.
  • 4. Re: ATG Integration Repository for Data Add/Update from 3rd party systems
    RKISHORE Newbie

hi gautam,

could you please share your knowledge on how can we integrate SAP with ATG using TIBCO.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points