Could you please let me know the exact difference between the OTL formula Seeded Formula for Period Maximum and Period Hours vs Time Category. I can see both of them are used for restricting min,max time entry for a period. Also i can see the same functionality can be achieved using either of one formulae. It would be really great if anyone can guide me the difference between these 2 and in which case to use which formula.
* goal: How To Use The OTL Seeded Formula For Period Maximum
* fact: Oracle Time and Labor (OTL)
* fact: HXCGRPTER - Time Entry Rule Groups
There are 4 parameters to complete on the seeded formula Period Maximum
1) Period - Select the appropriate timecard period. If your timecard is weekly
starts Sunday (seeded), select that one
2) Time Category: Can use Total1 (ensure that all elements for calculating
base hours are set up in this time category)
3) Maximum hours: 40
4) Reference Period: 7
The last 2 inputs indicate not to allow more than 40 hours in a 7 day period.
Check your Time Entry Rule Group (TERG). Ensure that the Time Entry Rule is
selected for the TERG, and that the group is selected on the Preference
identified for the employee.