2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 10:18 AM by 862270 RSS

Newbee with issue using Marketing Segmentation- Combined List not working

Hi All,

I'm working with Marketing Module on OBIEE and we are trying to generate a list with the segmentation of two subject areas (By Client Target level)
      We are not using BI apps. we just install OBIEE and we are using marketing Module, not combined with any Siebel module or so.

I have created a segment combining two different subject areas (with different database sources), (unifying both segments):
      db1.Contact_type = 'Prospect'
      Add (union)
      db2.contact_type = 'Suspect'

But when I'm trying to generate a list with the resutl of that segment, I'm combining (unifying) the two subject areas fields (same fields on both subjt areas ).
      My idea is to get the results from the complete segment, including data from db1 and data from db2.

But the query only brings data from one subjt area and the other just is unified (all the rows are included not filtering by the segment)

this is the query that the list show us when we run "Generate List":

SELECT saw_0, saw_1, saw_2, saw_3, saw_4
      FROM (
      (SELECT "Contact"."CONTACT_ID" saw_0, "Contact"."LAST_NAME" saw_1, "Contact"."CONTACT_TYPE" saw_2, "Contact"."EMAIL_ADDRESS" saw_3, "Contact"."STANDARD_TITLE" saw_4
      FROM "Marketing Contact - List")
      UNION (
      (SELECT "Contacts"."GCM_ROWID" saw_0, "Contacts"."LAST_NAME" saw_1, "Contacts"."CONTACT_TYPE" saw_2, "Contacts"."EMAIL_ADDRESS" saw_3, "Fact Specs"."STANDARD_TITLE" saw_4
      FROM "Marketing Contact List (Mktng2)"
      WHERE "Contacts"."GCM_ROWID" IN (SELECT "Fact - Marketing Client Cache"."QUALIFIED_ID" AS ID FROM "Marketing Saved Result and Cache" WHERE "Fact - Marketing Client Cache"."GUID" = 'f87a3160-0c4e-1000-8567-7f0000010000')))) t1 ORDER BY saw_0, saw_1, saw_2, saw_3, saw_4

you have two big select statements that are Unified. The second one is filtering the subjt area Marketing Contact List (Mktng2) by the segment results. But the first select does not do that.

Does anybody know how can I get the correct list including ALL the segment results?

Maybe this is a feature that works only with the hole Fusion stuff or BIAPPS... really don't know. If some one can help me at least giving me a clue of how should I understand how marketing works or what ever it would be Really useful

Edited by: 859267 on 19-nov-2012 11:12
        • 1. Re: Newbee with issue using Marketing Segmentation- Combined List not working
          Voltaire
          Hi,

Set Presentation variables in the dashboard prompts and use them to filter the reports in the union query. If the same tables are used for both the subject areas can you confirm you have used the filters in both the union queries.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
          Jay
          • 2. Re: Newbee with issue using Marketing Segmentation- Combined List not working
            Hi,
            Thank you for the tip, but is not exactly what I need.
            On Marketing Segmentation Module from obiee once you create a Segment, you can also create a list in order to download the results, is like creating a report, but with other options. (my case, in a text file).
            When you run the list, OBIEE generate a query to get the data, and apply the segment results as filter.

+"But when I'm trying to generate a list with the resutl of that segment, I'm combining (unifying) the two subject areas fields (same fields on both subjt areas ), I only get data from one subject area+
            My idea is to get the results from the complete segment, including data from db1 and data from db2."*

There is an option to filter the list by segment results (Re-qualify list results against original segment criteria), but it only apply on one subject area.
            When I want to unify the other I cannot use that filter on both.

So, I get the results from one subject area and the other one is just unifyied with NO filter applied.

Is there any way to get both unified SQL statements filtered by the segment?, I need to get the result of the complete segment created.