This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 7:59 AM by Johan Louwers RSS

Always CPU memory usage is 100%

Sivamani Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We are using RHEL 5.8 and installed oracle database .Now the problem is when starting up the database the CPU memory usage is normal but after few minutes server CPU is in 100% .So we are unable to access the oracle application.This issue happening last 2 days.

Can some one help

Thanks

Edited by: Sivamani on Nov 19, 2012 11:23 AM
  • 1. Re: Always CPU memory usage is 100%
    bigdelboy Pro
    Sivamani wrote:
    Hi,

We are using RHEL 5.8 and installed oracle database .Now the problem is when starting up the database the CPU memory usage is normal but after few minutes server CPU is in 100% .So we are unable to access the oracle application.This issue happening last 2 days.

Can some one help

Thanks

Edited by: Sivamani on Nov 19, 2012 11:23 AM
    Try locating the processes using high CPU and drill down them or maybe kill them at your own risk.
  • 2. Re: Always CPU memory usage is 100%
    Dude! Guru
    Sorry to say, but there is absolutely no information in your post that could be used to make any reasonable guess about what could be the problem. You should at least provide some details about your hardware, architecture, how Oracle is configured and which process seems to be causing the trouble.
  • 3. Re: Always CPU memory usage is 100%
    898553 Newbie
    run 'top'
  • 4. Re: Always CPU memory usage is 100%
    Johan Louwers Explorer
    I have to say I do agree with Dude, there is not much to go on. I guess you will indeed need to run top and find out your most CPU intensive processes. You can also run something like sar and post the results here so we all can have a look and try to help you. However,.... based upon the information you currently provided there will be nobody that can give you a solid answer.

Regards,
    Johan Louwers.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points