This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 8:45 AM by 714270 RSS

Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error

Alexandra Robin Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have used this numerous times in an INTERACTIVE REPORT to link records out from the report to a document in a folder on our server and it works beautifully thanks to one of you guys who helped me a couple of years ago. In the column for which I want to use as a link I do the following:

LINK TEST #ISO_NUMBER#
LINK ATTRIBUTES a href=#DOC_LINK#; TARGET="_BLANK"
URL #DOC_LINK#

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why I keep getting a 'No data found' error in my TABULAR FORM. The good news is I figured out why it's happening. The bad news is I do need to link out to the documents listed in my tabular form that are saved on the server.

Is there any other way to do this?

Application Express 4.0.0.00.46

TIA,
Alexandra
  • 1. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    714270 Pro
    Hi,

What is the need to specify
    a href=#DOC_LINK#;
    , when you already have #DOC_LINK# as the URL target?

Thanks,
    Rohit
  • 2. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    Don't know...this was the way I was taught and unfortunately don't know enough to be discretionary; it's always my biggest frustration.
    I'll try taking it out and see if that does it
    Thanks!
  • 3. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    HORRAY!! Thank you! It worked. I'm sure you knew it would. It's so nice to come in first thing in the morning and check something off my list.
    All the best and virtual Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Coconut cookies are sitting next to your mouse.
  • 4. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    well, not so fast.

The columns still aren't displaying when I reopen the tabular form.

I bet it's a simple display attribute that I don't know.
  • 5. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    another test and the colums don't display
  • 6. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    I decided to handle this a different way - user just must go one step deeper with a click.
  • 7. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    714270 Pro
    Hi,

I just saw your messages (we work in different timezones)...anyways, what are you expecting and what is not working for you?

Thanks,
    Rohit
  • 8. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    Hi -
    I'm sorry for my delay in responding but I've been out with illness. I'm back at work for a short while to day, so will get back to this soon because what I did really didn't work as well as I thought! Thanks so much!

Edited by: userRRRYB on Nov 27, 2012 6:26 PM
  • 9. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    Finally back...
    I have a tabular form that lists documents stored on one of our servers. In an interactive report I can set up a link to those docs using the document number column in the IR. I can't get it to work in the same way on the tabular form. Hopefully the steps of the catalog process will shed light on what may be the problem:

Step One
    1. User1 catalogs doument using standard form (page 3) on DOC_INFO table.
    2. Button on form redirects to Approval Tabular Form (for this example, page 100). This tabular form displays DOCUMENT_NUMBER (display as text saves state), APPROVER (select list), APPROVED(select list), RELEASED (select list) fields among others from DOC_APPRV_DOC table
    3. Add Row adds fields in #2 above and other fields
    4. User1 selects APPROVER in select list and Adds Row for all additional APPROVERS required
    5. User1 hits SUBMIT button

Step Two
    1. User2 opens different page but Approval Tabular Form (for this example, page 200) on same DOC_APPRV_DOC table, restricted to :P101_USERNAME
    2. User2 uses APPROVED select list to approve or reject
    3. User2 hits SUBMIT button

Step Three
    1. User1 opens Approval Tabular Form (page 100) with User2 (and all other documents requiring approval) results
    2. If rejected User1 uses Reset Approval checkbox and select list on User2's tabular form is reset
    3. If approved User1 uses Released submit list and and record is deleted from User2's tabular form

The Problem
    User2 ought to be able to review each of these documents on the server. In other parts of my application, an interactive report is used, I've got a case statement in the report creating the link, and have the column itself setup up so that User2 merely clicks on the DOCUMENT_NUMBER on the report and he's redirected to the document itself.

This works fine when set up the same way on the tabular form ONLY THE FIRST TIME a row is added. If I ADD ROW for any additional documents the DOCUMENT_NUMBER field on the tabular form does not populate on User1's form.

The entire process works beautifully if the link is not set up.

Note that from the standard form, the DOCUMENT_NUMBER is sent to a hidden item (default = :P3_DOCUMENT_NUMBER) in a region above the tabular form (page 100). This is then used to populate the DOCUMENT_NUMBER on the tabular form as the default value (:P200_DOCUMENT_NUMBER).

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Alexandra
  • 10. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    714270 Pro
    Hi Alexandra,

It is difficult to comment on this issue unless I see the code. Would it be possible to setup an example on apex.oracle.com?

Thanks,
    Rohit
  • 11. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    I'd be happy to. I'd like to just load my ap but I don't know how. Can you tell me?
  • 12. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    714270 Pro
    You need to export your application (with the related database objects - tables etc) into a workspace in apex.oracle.com. If you do not have a workspace in apex.oracle.com, you can request for a free workspace.
    http://apex.oracle.com/i/index.html

In case, exporting the entire application is tedious and cumbersome, you can just code and create the 2 pages to replicate the issue.
  • 13. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    Alexandra Robin Newbie
    Yes, now that I think about it, my application was too large when I tried this before. I'm really sorry for my lack of knowledge, but how do I code and create the 2 pages to replicate the issue? I guess if I knew how I wouldn't have the problem in the first place. Thanks very much for you time.
    A
  • 14. Re: Tabular Form and Link to document and No Data Found error
    714270 Pro
    You can just create (or export) the tables that you need for the tabular form. You can enter some test data into the tables. You can then create a simple application in apex.oracle.com to replicate the issue.

Or else, can you post the code/logic behind the tabular form? How do you create the link to the document in the tabular form? Please make sure that you enclose the code in code tags (
    ) so that they look readable.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points