This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 1:17 AM by 843301 RSS

How to setup Harmonized Tariff Schedule in RMS

975140 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

How to setup HTS record in RMS online?

I'm having problem creating new record for HTS online. Error message "Invalid chapter number for this importing country" is displayed.

Regards,

Aris
  • 1. Re: How to setup Harmonized Tariff Schedule in RMS
    Preeti (Oracle) Newbie
    Hello Aris,

The format of HTS Number is XXXX.XX.XXXX. Here the first 4 digits should be a valid chapter which means there should be entry in HTS_CHAPTER table for the particular Chapter and Import Country. In short you can use the Chapter Numbers that exisit in HTS_CHAPTER table as the first four digits of the HTS Number.

For E.g if your HTS Number is 6503.45.6798 for Import Country "US"

then there should be an entry in HTS_CHAPTER for the Chapter 6503 and Import Country "US". Hope this helps. Thanks.

Regards,
    Preeti.
  • 2. Re: How to setup Harmonized Tariff Schedule in RMS
    843301 Newbie
    I've hit the same issue. However when I try the format mentioned above I get an error "Field contains non-numeric character". I tried removing the dots and just putting in the 10 digits as a single number and that reverted back to the previous error.

Any ideas?
  • 3. Re: How to setup Harmonized Tariff Schedule in RMS
    trevor north Newbie
    Put quotes around the dots in the format string like this

FMXXXX"."XX"."XX"."XX

Note the quotes are not around the XXs but around the periods "."

In the front end, the HTS code is entered without the trailing zeroes and it is amended to match the format e.g. if you enter 4010 and this
    is a valid chapter in HTS_CHAPTER then it will in the form apply the format above to make it 4010. . .

Here's the insert statement i used to prevent not a valid import country error in the HTS form.

Insert into HTS_IMPORT_COUNTRY_SETUP (IMPORT_COUNTRY_ID,HTS_FORMAT_MASK,HTS_HEADING_LENGTH) values ('SE','FMXXXX"."XX"."XX"."XX',4);
  • 4. Re: How to setup Harmonized Tariff Schedule in RMS
    843301 Newbie
    Yes when I checked there was no record in HTS_IMPORT_COUNTRY_SETUP.
    I've corrected this now.

Thanks very much.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points