5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 11:09 AM by Fran

a question about the rapidly increase of sysaux

when i check the free space of tablespaces,i found that sysaux increase so rapidly that i must increate in less than a week!

when i checked the sysaux using v$sysaux_occupants ,and i found than
         select occupant_name,space_usage_kbytes from v$sysaux_occupants;

the result :
         OCCUPANT_NAME                                                                    SPACE_USAGE_KBYTES
          SM/AWR                                                                                       3159680

and my db's version
        Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
      PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
      CORE    11.2.0.1.0      Production
      TNS for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
      NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production

and i also modified the snapshot setting?
       SQL> select * from dba_hist_wr_control;

DBID SNAP_INTERVAL
      ---------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      RETENTION                                                                   TOPNSQL
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
       862446272 +00000 02:00:00.0
      +00004 00:00:00.0                                                           DEFAULT
      the oracle will clear the snapshot decide by the settings ? but it only increase?

i also use the package: exec dbms_workload_repository.drop_snapshot_range(),it din't work!!!!

in my test db,i rebuild awr,it works ,but is there any risk to rebuild in my real db?

best regards, niclo!