This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 2:21 PM by mb_ogg RSS

Cannot start extract on Windows Server 2008

SaidK Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi guys,

Recently I installed GG on Windows. This is a first time I'm using GG on Windows.
I configured Manager and run it. It's still running without any problem.
Then I configured extract parameter files. But somehow I cannot start extract. No errors, no report files generated.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: Cannot start extract on Windows Server 2008
    satrap Journeyer
    Do you see anything in the ggserr.log?
  • 2. Re: Cannot start extract on Windows Server 2008
    SaidK Explorer
    it seems ok in the ggserr.log:

2012-11-20 14:10:36 INFO OGG-00987 Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle: GGSCI command (DBA): start extract sext_opr.
    2012-11-20 14:10:37 INFO OGG-00963 Oracle GoldenGate Manager for Oracle, mgr.prm: Command received from GGSCI on host 0.0.0.0 (START EXTRACT SEXT_OPR ).
    2012-11-20 14:10:37 INFO OGG-00975 Oracle GoldenGate Manager for Oracle, mgr.prm: EXTRACT SEXT_OPR starting.
  • 3. Re: Cannot start extract on Windows Server 2008
    J.A. Explorer
    I had problems with Win08 and OGG, I change to WinXP :-S and then everything OK

I hoppe it help you

Regards
  • 4. Re: Cannot start extract on Windows Server 2008
    mb_ogg Journeyer
    More than likely this is due to not having some of the components of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 C++ SP1 Redistributable Package installed on your OS. GoldenGate components are compiled against this package for Windows so it needs to be installed. I know too that there are new versions of this VS software, but you need the explicit one that I've mentioned here. I have seen that when this package is not intalled, no error will be reported at all.

Another thing to consider with Windows 2008 is the new UAC (User Account Controls) that restrict even Admin accounts from doing certain things, so if you have not diabled UAC for your server, then in some cases you might need to right click the ggsci.exe program and select 'run as administrator' to get it to launch properly.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points