This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 5:22 AM by don123 RSS

domains

don123 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi

Do i need to mention CHECK CONSTRAINT to use RANGE and VALUE LIST ? or they are independent ??

If i need to define a frequently used attribute without any range and value list constraints, can i use domain so that the same can be used for multiple entities ??

regards
  • 1. Re: domains
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi,

you can define one of them or all 3 of them - check, list of values and list of ranges.

Philip
  • 2. Re: domains
    don123 Newbie
    hi philip

if i want to define CHECK constraint for the attribute, where to write some logic like salary > 5000
  • 3. Re: domains
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi,

you can define it in attribute dialog "Default and Constraint" page.
    Clear "Use Domain Constraint" check box and then you can define that constraint pressing the button against "Constraint" label.

Philip
  • 4. Re: domains
    don123 Newbie
    Thanks philip

First I have created domains by using Tools->Domain Administration dialog box saved in defaultdomains.xml.

Then I have created a logical model, used domains defined initially and saved as .dmd file.

Now i have one problem.

When i open logical model (dmd file), all domains created are available.

If i open defaultdomains.xml file (without opening logical model) from Tools-> Domain Administration, some domains are missing.
    Even if i open defaultdomains.xml file with some xml editor, some domains are missing.
    All domains are available only if i open logical model (dmd file).

I dont know where i did wrong in managing domains.
    Can you please tell me how to transfer the domains to defaultdomains.xml file

regards

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points