This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 5:49 AM by Howard (... in Training) RSS

Chart Related problem

Vedant Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have Created chart in apex 4.1

my query is
select null link,  (select user_name from user_mas um where um.user_id=NVL(cm.DEAL_FLEX_10,CREATED_BY)) label, COUNT(ID) value1
from  CRM_SALE_DEALS cm where cm.DEAL_STATUS_CODE_ID not in(1,5)  group by NVL(cm.DEAL_FLEX_10,CREATED_BY)
It displays a 41 records. when i display this on pie chart then it not shows all the labels .where is problem.

Thanks & Regards
Vedant
  • 1. Re: Chart Related problem
    Hilary Expert
    Hi Vedant,

When you edit the Chart Series for your Pie chart, what value have you set for the "Maximum Rows" in the Series Query region of the page (pg 4000:834) ? It defaults to 15, but if you increase this value, you should then be able to view all the labels.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 2. Re: Chart Related problem
    Vedant Explorer
    Hi ,
    I have done this also. i have set value to 100 for maximum rows ,my value is only 41 rows. Even then it do not show the all label, values are displayed in pie chart their label is not display.

Thanks & Regards
    Vedant
  • 3. Re: Chart Related problem
    Hilary Expert
    Hi Vedant,

values are displayed in pie chart their label is not display.
    So you're able to view the value and label information when you hover over a slice i.e. viewing the tooltip, but you can't see the actual label for each slice of the pie. If you're not seeing all of the labels for the slices of the Pie chart, then this could due to a couple of reasons:

1) the length of the label
    2) the position of the label
    3) the size of the chart

Keep in mind that displaying all 41 labels on the chart could result in an extremely cluttered looking chart. AnyChart controls the visibility of the labels, depending on the above factors. So if your labels are quite lengthy, for example, and they are positioned to be displayed outside the chart, then AnyChart will display what labels it can for the given chart size. To work around this, having tooltips enabled is a good starting point. Alternatively, you could look at decreasing the length of the label text, changing the label position or even increasing the size of the chart. For further information on the label formatting, I would recommend reviewing AnyChart's online documentation, here: http://anychart.com/products/anychart/docs/users-guide/label-text-formatting.html?fromtree.

Regards,
    Hilary
  • 4. Re: Chart Related problem
    Howard (... in Training) Pro
    Yes, 41 is a lot of labels. To display all of them, perhaps they need to be smaller. Have you tried reducing the size of the label (called Values on the Font Settings of the Chart attributes tab)?

May God Bless,
    Howard

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points