This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 6:56 AM by jiri.machotka RSS

is it possible to clone UCM 10 g

Nir S Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have Customer that using Oracle UCM 10gR3 that runs on VM windows machine. We need a new environment that will be equivalent to prod environment.

Is it possible to clone the UCM using VM tools to as a new server? does this environment will run after cloning (or I have to change names or IIS configuration after)?

for DB server we will have one ready.

thanks,
Nir
  • 1. Re: is it possible to clone UCM 10 g
    jiri.machotka Guru
    Of course, you will have to modify it, if you want to run it in the same network.

Servers usually have a fixed IP address, so I guess the first conflict would be on this level, and you would have to propagate your changes also to database connectivity (if running in the same database, you'd need to create a different scheme anyway), URL, etc.

I'm not sure if this exercise is even worth trying - installation of a new 10g instance is really easy, migration of components and configuration as well, the only challenge might be migration of content, but unless you have millions of items, the Archiver might do it OOTB...

I'd also ask if there is a disaster recovery in place (in case the server blows up), because creation of a mirror site might be a good exercise to test how effective the DR is.
  • 2. Re: is it possible to clone UCM 10 g
    Nir S Newbie
    Thanks Jiri,

the problem is that I have more than 2M documents. I don't want to deal we the migration of the docs.

Nir
  • 3. Re: is it possible to clone UCM 10 g
    jiri.machotka Guru
    And where do you store documents - in the database, or in the filesystem? If in the database, you might backup the database in one system and recover it in the other. If in the filesystem, then I'm sorry - just out of curiosity do you backup your system? And if so, how - just dump the VM image to another disk?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points