This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 3:12 AM by 968728 RSS

Advice on WLS Persistent Stores

user576183 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm running Oracle WLS 10.3.5.0.

I have two Managed Servers and want to setup distributed JMS Queues on them. However, I'm confused about the relationship between JMS Servers and Persistent Stores.

I have created two migratable JMS Servers, one on each Managed Server. Each JMS Server points to its own Persistent Store on the same Managed Server, each with a unique prefix name.

So:

JMSServer1 JMSServer2
PersistentStore1 PersistentStore2
Migratable ManagedServer 1 Migratable ManagedServer2

The WLS JMS Servers section shows:

JMSServer1 JDBCJmsStore1 ManagedServer_1 (migratable) ManagedServer_1 OK
JMSServer2 JDBCJmsStore2 ManagedServer_2 (migratable) ManagedServer_2 OK

Is that correct?

Many thanks.
  • 1. Re: Advice on WLS Persistent Stores
    Fabian Pro
    I'm confused about the relationship between JMS Servers and Persistent Stores.
    A JMS server is an environment-related configuration entity that acts as management container for JMS queue and topic resources defined within JMS modules that are targeted to specific that JMS server. A JMS server’s primary responsibility for its targeted destinations is to maintain information on what persistent store is used for any persistent messages that arrive on the destinations, and to maintain the states of durable subscribers created on the destinations.

The architecture would give u clear picture
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15051_01/wls/docs103/jms_admin/overview.html#wp1067133

The setup which u have done is correct.
    each JMS Server would be pointing to individual migratable server which intern points to its own persistant store

The below link would be helpful for ya

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/web.1111/e13738/best_practice.htm#CACJCGHG

Regards
    FAbian
  • 2. Re: Advice on WLS Persistent Stores
    968728 Newbie
    Hello,

Yes - what you have configured is correct.

If you point same database to both the JMS it will throw error. From one JMS Server, you can connect to One JDBC Presistent Store alone.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points