This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 11:31 AM by 717870 RSS

Lock and send ASO

717870 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We are running Essbase version 11.1.1.2 and Smartview 11.1.1.2 (Build 122).

I have some users that would like to load some data via Excel into an ASO cube. I am aware this would be slower than using BSO.

I have tried both HSSETVALUE and the ad-hoc with submit data and I get an error 'You do not have sufficient access to perform a lock on this database'.

I am pretty sure this is because of the 'lock and send' nature of submit data and the fact you can't lock a block on ASO because no blocks exist.

I have read something about the 'classic add-in' having the option of not locking before sending. What is this? I actually don't think I have it. I have Excel 2010 and everything is consolidated under one ribbon I think from memory.

What are my options? The cube is big and an ASO for a reason, there's a large number of big dimensions. I could change the Excel sheets to load to SQL Server and run via a rules file. But I would rather load from Excel.

Rgds

James
  • 1. Re: Lock and send ASO
    CL Oracle ACE Director
    The oldest release I have is 11.1.1.3, but if I go to this ASOsamp.Sample intersection:
         1 to 13 Years
         Sale
         Original Price
         Cash
         Under 20,000
         Digital Cameras
         No Promotion
         Curr Year
    Jan     5

In either Smart View or the Add-In and put in a different number and submit it (Smart View) or Send (add-in), it works. Of course I'm logged in as the admin.

Does your user id have write rights?
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E12825_01/epm.111/epm_security/frameset.htm?apas02.html

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Edited by: CL on Nov 20, 2012 11:21 AM
    'Cause spelling my name is beyond me.
  • 2. Re: Lock and send ASO
    717870 Newbie
    Very strange. Can only assume I hadn't refreshed security. Seems to work OK now.

However, when I give 'filter' access with read to a couple of scenarios and write to another, I now refresh and receive no response whatsoever. Egg timer.

I am requesting one cell only for the member with write access via ad-hoc.

Have used filtered access before successfully so not sure what the problem is, the issue seems to be the same in a BSO cube also.

Apologies for the confusion earlier.
  • 3. Re: Lock and send ASO
    717870 Newbie
    Ignore me, hadn't granted the filter to the group. Thanks for your help anyway.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points