This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 11:55 AM by bigdelboy RSS

Java Programmer I (1Z0-803)

975264 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello;
I purchased the book OCA Java SE 7 Programmer Study Guide and now I'm on my way to certification, any suggestions or advice to pass the exam, and I have 6 months experience in Java programming and already know basic level of java, Will this help me get certified as Junior Programmer? Because I want to specialize in the development platform.
  • 1. Re: Java Programmer I (1Z0-803)
    bigdelboy Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    972261 wrote:
    Hello;
    I purchased the book OCA Java SE 7 Programmer Study Guide and now I'm on my way to certification, any suggestions or advice to pass the exam, and I have 6 months experience in Java programming and already know basic level of java, Will this help me get certified as Junior Programmer? Because I want to specialize in the development platform.
    Well the book should certainly be helpful!

Its new out, so keep an eye on the reviews (dont believe all the reviews) and check from time to time for any errata.

http://www.mhprofessional.com/?page=/mhp/categories/oracle_press/content/errata.html

My personal adivce is Dont attempt practice too early ... there's only a limited number and from once you've seem them once the're less of an indicator where you are the second time. So learn the topics first ... then start looking at the questions.

Also checkout for any comments in the java forum {forum:id=923}

... Please bear in mind i'm not a java person ...

I'd be inclined to say work through the book, avoid the question/answers as much as reasonably possible until later (or choose a chapter or 2 1/3 into book on a topic your familiar with and look at those only).

If at the end you feel confident ... okay. If not get another quality source and use that as well.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points