I just moved from one machine to the other. I copied sqldev folder where sqldev on previous machine works fine. I suddenly find the worksheet output display squares and funny char when connecting to timesten 7.0. The NLS_LANG setting in windows xp and sqldeveloper are all american. The font is "Arial unicode MS". I upgrade sqldev from 3.1 to 3.2.2 and no difference.
However there is no problem while connecting to oracle. On linux, through ttsql to timesten there is no problem neither. The problematic data from timesten are those containing "/" or space.
I used ttjdbc5.jar for 3rd party jdbc driver for timesten 7.
Since I only need jdbc driver to connect to TT so I didn't install TT client for 2nd machine. Previously I tried with ttjdbc6.jar but sqldev always complains about URL is not valid even it is.
Now I download the latest TT11 client and install it onto 2nd machine. ttjdbc6.jar works now and strange char is gone.
BTW, I'm using JDK7u9 to start sqldev to use G1 GC. It seems ttjdbc7.jar won't work at this moment. Thanks.