2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2013 12:31 PM by 985916 RSS

SOA Suite  Error - Please specify a valid JRE JDK location

I am very new to Oracle installations and I cannot get past the " Please specify a valid JRE/JDK location :" message when installing the SOA Suite.

I verified that all my prerequisites are in place.

No matter what path I enter, it ignores it and repeats the message. I made sure to install JRE in a directory path with no spaces. I have tried installing jre-7u9-windows-i586 and also jre-7u9-windows-x64. I also tried pointing the location to the jdk160_29/jre/bin directory created by the SOA installation (again, no spaces in my path). Nothing seems to work.

I am following the Quick Start Guide version 1.2 from August 2011 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/overview/quickstartguidesoasuite11gr1ps4-459545.pdf. I also looked at various postings and blogs.

I am running this on a single Windows 7 Home Version SP1, 64-bit machine.

Here is the full message:

Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

Checking if CPU speed is above 300 MHz . Actual 3292 MHz Passed
      Checking swap space: must be greater than 512 MB . Actual 2048 MB Passed
      Checking monitor: must be configured to display at least 256 colors Higher than
      256 . Actual 4294967296 Passed
      Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from C:\Users\Robij\AppData\Loca
      l\Temp\OraInstall2012-11-20_09-46-59AM. Please wait ...
      Please specify JRE/JDK location ( Ex. /home/jre ), <location>/bin/java should e
      xist : \middleware\soasuite\jdk160_29\jre\bin

Please specify a valid JRE/JDK location :

As I said, I'm new to this, so sorry for the newbie question. Can anyone help me? Thanks.