11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 5:32 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Upgrade driver failed

Walashkar
      Hai all,

We are in the process of upgrading our oracle application 11.5.10.2 to 12.1. WHile running the upgrade
      driver the workers are failed with the below error :

149/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      149/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      160/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared

160/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      171/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      171/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      182/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      182/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      193/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      193/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      204/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      204/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      215/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      215/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      226/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      226/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

237/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      237/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
      248/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      248/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

We reffered the belwo notes :

During 12.1.1 Upgrade From 11.5.10 RUP 4 Peaeirsd.Sql Fails with PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
      R12 PATCH 6678700 FAILS WITH INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE (AGAIN)
      Error 'PLS-00201: INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' On Pyelersd.Sql While Applying Patch 6394500
      Pyeleasd.Sql errors With "PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared" Hook: Before Process (hxt_util.check_timecard_exists)
      R12 Upgrade Patch Fails(6394500) PLS-00201: IDENTIFIER INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE MUST BE DECLARED

All the above are suggesting the patch

Patch 8845395: DURING 12.1.1 UPGRADE FROM 11.5.10 PEAEIRSD.SQL FAILS.

We have a 3 TB database, rolling it back to (or restoring the backup) and apply this patch in the 11i instancce is not a feasible solutoionas we are halfway
      through the patch. We already applied the required patches in pre-install mode as per the note : 1448102.1

No where it is mentioned to apply this patch in 11i instance before upgrade. Attached worker log files and adpatch log files.
      Any one has any clue

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Upgrade driver failed
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          I am assuming this is your production upgrade. If so, did you not run into this same situation in your test upgrades ? If not, then something is different with your production upgrade vs your previous test upgrades - which is not a good situation.

This blog entry might help - you will have to do this at your own risk

http://kkempf.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/that-cant-be-a-solution/

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Upgrade driver failed
            Walashkar
            Thanks Srini. But the link doesn't provide any workaround.. or Did I missed something ?
            • 3. Re: Upgrade driver failed
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              Yes, scroll down to the bottom of the blog post.

So - did you not run into this issue in your test upgrades ?

HTH
              Srini
              • 4. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                Walashkar
                Thanks Srini. This is the 1st iteration..

So, the woraround is to run the below sql

It may be un-PC, but we use this term in our department to refer to a cheap, easy method for getting things done which nobody wants to talk about or admit works. In my case, I pulled the patch, dug into it to find only one piece of sql was in it. I ran the sql separately in another sqlplus session as apps:
                •@/scratch/stage/r12/r12.1.1/8845395/per/patch/115/sql/peasgasddrop.sql

Then I restarted the 3 failed workers with adctrl and, magically, they completed normally and the patch went on (6678700, or the R12 upgrade patch).

>
                • 5. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  936074 wrote:
                  Hai all,

We are in the process of upgrading our oracle application 11.5.10.2 to 12.1. WHile running the upgrade
                  driver the workers are failed with the below error :

149/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  149/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  160/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared

160/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  171/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  171/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  182/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  182/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  193/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  193/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  204/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  204/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  215/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  215/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  226/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  226/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

237/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  237/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
                  248/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  248/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

We reffered the belwo notes :

During 12.1.1 Upgrade From 11.5.10 RUP 4 Peaeirsd.Sql Fails with PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared
                  R12 PATCH 6678700 FAILS WITH INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE (AGAIN)
                  Error 'PLS-00201: INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' On Pyelersd.Sql While Applying Patch 6394500
                  Pyeleasd.Sql errors With "PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared" Hook: Before Process (hxt_util.check_timecard_exists)
                  R12 Upgrade Patch Fails(6394500) PLS-00201: IDENTIFIER INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE MUST BE DECLARED

All the above are suggesting the patch

Patch 8845395: DURING 12.1.1 UPGRADE FROM 11.5.10 PEAEIRSD.SQL FAILS.

We have a 3 TB database, rolling it back to (or restoring the backup) and apply this patch in the 11i instancce is not a feasible solutoionas we are halfway
                  through the patch. We already applied the required patches in pre-install mode as per the note : 1448102.1

No where it is mentioned to apply this patch in 11i instance before upgrade. Attached worker log files and adpatch log files.
                  Any one has any clue

Thanks
                  Please do the following:

1) Download Patch Patch 8865454 -- https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/Services/download?type=readme&aru=11739643
                  2) Apply the patch using preinstall option
                  3) Create the packages using the files mentioned in the patch README file
                  4) Restart the failed workers

During 12.1.1 Upgrade From 11.5.10 RUP 4 Peaeirsd.Sql Fails with PLS-00201: identifier 'INVALID_SEE_COMMENT_IN_SOURCE' must be declared [ID 888701.1]

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    It may be un-PC, but we use this term in our department to refer to a cheap, easy method for getting things done which nobody wants to talk about or admit works. In my case, I pulled the patch, dug into it to find only one piece of sql was in it. I ran the sql separately in another sqlplus session as apps:
                    •@/scratch/stage/r12/r12.1.1/8845395/per/patch/115/sql/peasgasddrop.sql

Then I restarted the 3 failed workers with adctrl and, magically, they completed normally and the patch went on (6678700, or the R12 upgrade patch).
                    This is the same script mentioned in the doc referenced in my previous apply.

There are other pactches mentioned in the doc which can be applied later after you finish the upgrade.

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 7. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                      Walashkar
                      Thanks Hussein.

) Download Patch Patch 8865454 -- https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/Services/download?type=readme&aru=11739643

Ok.This patch is 11i patch. How can I apply in 12.1. instance ?
                      2) Apply the patch using preinstall option

I already having adpatch running with the upgrade driver.. how I can run it again as I don't want to restart the complete upgrade again. Please advise.

3) Create the packages using the files mentioned in the patch README file

Ok.

4) Restart the failed workers

T
                      • 8. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                        Walashkar
                        Thanks . Please ignore the below question

Ok.This patch is 11i patch. How can I apply in 12.1. instance . This is a 12 patch only
                        • 9. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                          Walashkar
                          Thanks Hussein.

readme of the patch doesn't have any info on how to apply this sql.

Pacth has pekraexd.sql,pekrexae.pkb and pekrexae.pkh . Do I have to run all this three ?
                          • 10. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                            936074 wrote:
                            Thanks . Please ignore the below question

Ok.This patch is 11i patch. How can I apply in 12.1. instance . This is a 12 patch only
                            This is R12 patch.

Patch 8865454: HRMSR12: FWD PORT OF 8845395(DURING 12.1.1 UPG PEAEIRSD.SQL FAILS)
                            Product     Human Resources
                            Release     Applications R12.1
                            Platform     Generic Platform
                            Compatible With     R12.PER.B, R12.HR_PF.B

Thanks,
                            Hussein
                            • 11. Re: Upgrade driver failed
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              936074 wrote:
                              Thanks Hussein.

readme of the patch doesn't have any info on how to apply this sql.

Pacth has pekraexd.sql,pekrexae.pkb and pekrexae.pkh . Do I have to run all this three ?
                              - Download and apply the patch using preinstall option -- http://www.oracle.com/pls/ebs121/search?word=preinstall&format=ranked&remark=quick_search
                              - Run pekrexae.pkh to create the package specs
                              - Run pekrexae.pkb to create the package body
                              - Restart the failed workers

Run pekraexd.sql if you are instructed to do so by Oracle support.

Thanks,
                              Hussein