This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 9:22 AM by imseva - oracle RSS

Boost endeca records

Tijomon Mathew Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We are using endecaa work bench page builder to boost some records during search and navigation, the functionality is working on search but the navigation is not boosting any records,

how to debug more on this issue? i executed the get wm config and update work bench config scripts, do i need to execute any additional steps to boost records in navigation?

Thanks,
Tijomon Mathew
  • 1. Re: Boost endeca records
    SunilN Newbie
    Hi Tijomon,

Are you getting the page which you are created in workbench for particular navigation state while testing from jsp reference, please check if it is coming then check Results List Boost Bury in Supplemental Object.
    There you can the records which you have boosted for particular navigation state.

Thanks,
    Sunil N
  • 2. Re: Boost endeca records
    Tijomon Mathew Newbie
    Hi Sunil,

I am getting <Property name="boostStrata"> property from PropertyMap, the issue is we are doing a sort based on some other value and the boosting of the products are not working on this, how can i achive the following requirement.

1) boost the products

2) sort based on custom property name.

Thanks,
    Tijomon Mathew
  • 3. Re: Boost endeca records
    imseva - oracle Newbie
    It's possible to use an explicit sort key on the query in conjunction with boost/bury, but you have to set both the stratify expression and the sort in the Ns parameter. An explicit sort key (Ns) will override boost and bury if the boost/bury expression is part of your normal relevance ranking strategy, but if you use the boost/bury rel rank expression with the Ns parameter it should be able to accommodate what you are asking.

(assuming you mean you are using an explicit Ns sort key instead of a default sort which is specified at Dgidx)

See Page 83 of the Basic Dev Guide for more information

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28910_01/MDEX.622/pdf/BasicDevGuide.pdf

What isn't explicitly shown there however, is that it should be possible to do your EQL expression in the Ns, and then follow with traditional Ns params like ...sortkey|direction||sort key|direction...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points