This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 1:41 AM by 969129 RSS

Wizard pages

969129 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, guys.
I work on APEX 4.1.

I have 3 pages to create: 1)Employee; 2)Location; 3)Job.
I'm trying to create wizard pages as a progress list. When I use redirect to next page I can't pass new EMPLOYEE_ID created within first page.
  • 1. Re: Wizard pages
    714270 Pro
    How are you creating the EMPLOYEE_ID in the first page? If you are using a "Automatic Row Processing (DML)" process in the first page, then you can use the "Return Key into Item" option to update a page item with the new employee id created. You can then pass this page item to any other page in the wizard.
  • 2. Re: Wizard pages
    fac586 Guru
    Jusha wrote:
    Hi, guys.
    I work on APEX 4.1.

I have 3 pages to create: 1)Employee; 2)Location; 3)Job.
    I'm trying to create wizard pages as a progress list. When I use redirect to next page I can't pass new EMPLOYEE_ID created within first page.
    You need to use buttons that submit rather than redirect, and navigate between pages using branches.

There's a "Wizard wizard" as an option when creating a new page that enables you create and link the basic multiple page structure. Themes have "Wizard Progress List" (vertical orientation) and "Wizard Progress List, Horizontal Train" (horizontal) list templates that can be used as stage progress indicators. You have to construct the contents of each page using standard components. Once the "Wizard wizard" is completed there's nothing to indicate that the pages are logically related—strangely it doesn't even generate a wizard progress list for you.

It's often useful to use Collections to store the data from intermediate stages before final processing.
  • 3. Re: Wizard pages
    969129 Newbie
    Fantastic. It's the real thing!
  • 4. Re: Wizard pages
    969129 Newbie
    Thanks a lot!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points