This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 4:48 AM by AnnPricks E RSS

Calling Report From Form

AnnPricks E Guru
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I Need to generate PDF and EXCEL output.

I have to puttons(PDF,EXCEL). When i click PDF the pdf output is coming.Its works fine. But when i click excel that time EXCEL,PDF outputs are coming. I need only excel output. My Code looks like

if :global.format = 'P' then
add_parameter(pi_id,'CONTAINSOLE',TEXT_PARAMETER,'NO');
set_report_object_property(v_report_id, report_desformat, 'PDF');
else
add_parameter(pi_id,'CONTAINSOLE',TEXT_PARAMETER,'YES');
set_report_object_property(v_report_id, report_desformat, 'PDF');
end if;

I dont want to mention any format in else condition. When CONTAINSOLE = YES then it will load the library RPT2XLS and gives the excel result after that it is giving PDF output also. I dont want that PDF output here. How i can rewrite the code? Can you please help me?

Thanks,
Ann
  • 1. Re: Calling Report From Form
    942420 Newbie
    Hi Ann,

For excel output
    set_report_object_property(v_report_id, report_desformat, 'SPREADSHEET');

What code you have written in library RPT2XLS, so that I can help you.
  • 2. Re: Calling Report From Form
    AnnPricks E Guru
    In After Report trigger i have written RPT2XLS.RUN and also i have written some format trigger. When i click the button it will only generate excel output. I dont want to mention desformat because i put already like CONTAINSOLE=YES so it will load the library and then generate the report in excel after that i got pdf output also. When i remove that set property line in else case it will check the printer and then waiting for my response when i click no then it is generating excel output.

From this, I need, When i click excel button it will directly generate excel output which means from RPT2XLS.

Thanks,
    Ann

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points