We are designing the following data guard configuration:
- DB version 11gR2
- Multiple primary databases and primary databases are dependent on each other e.g. client data from DB1 (MDM) is replicated to DB2
- Each primary database has a standby database
- Delayed apply redo log
How do we guarantee consistency among all standby databases in case of a fail over? Any support by Data Guard to guarantee consistency among standby databases?
in such condition,
1) i will consider setting up NTP for all the DBs server
2)Using the same apply time lag for all Standby DB
3) Enable flashback on all the DBs
4) testing all scenario (tedious but worth it)
make sure you can flashback to a specific point in time on all the DBs, if required.