4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 6:09 AM by 975475 RSS

Linking to an OBIEE report without showing the user and password

Hi!

we are trying to access to an obiee report from an external portal (coded with php).
      The idea is that the user clicks on a link an gets the report in pdf format. For that purpose we are using this url:

http://ttivobiee01:7001/analytics/saw.dll?Go&Path=/shared/Prueba/ogp_obi&Action=Print&P0=1&P1=eq&P2="Criteria"."Key"&P3=1402&NQuser=user&NQPassword=pass&format=pdf

But this url is expossing OBIEE's user and password.
      In order to avoid this security issue we tried to do an wget of the url but it doesn't return the report. Instead we get an html, which seams to download the report chunk by chunk (using javaScript).
      The question is, is there any way that we could let our portal ussers access to an obbie report without expossing the user and password?

I have been looking into oracle forums and have found this: OBIEE Go URL with password protected
      but we couldn't use this aproach due to security issues.

Thanks!

Nuria
        • 1. Re: Linking to an OBIEE report without showing the user and password
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          As I mentioned in other post you can call values from session variables of your portal so any point of time the actual values are not exposed.

Since you want to see the obiee report in pdf format,how you want to see? pdf within browser or to get save wizard?
          I think this is all depends on the user's browser setting for pdf files.

You can go for url encode using php or else try to use html frames,1st frame uses php code and rest is obi report.

If helps pls mark let me know if you have any questions
          • 2. Re: Linking to an OBIEE report without showing the user and password
            Hi,

Altought I store user and pass values into session variables I will need to redirect de user to OBIEE, this redirection exposses the user and pass.

Is there any way of getting the raw pdf from obiee? Any url that I could do a "wget url" and get the report in pdf format. If I had an url like that I could do an wget into my php portal in order to obtain the pdf report and then deliver it to the final user.

Thx,

Nuria
            • 3. Re: Linking to an OBIEE report without showing the user and password
              Srini VEERAVALLI
              Try to use target=_new in your link so that onclick on the link open new window and that may prompt to open or save the file.
              If you are using session variable then you might call them in form object as hidden.
              • 4. Re: Linking to an OBIEE report without showing the user and password
                Hi!

We have finally done this (and it works!)

<?php
                $urlInforme='http://obi:7001/analytics/saw.dll?Go&Path=/shared/Prueba/ogp_obi&Action=Print&P0=1&P1=eq&P2="Criterios"."Clave oficial"&P3=1402&NQuser=user&NQPassword=pass&format=pdf';
                $ch = curl_init($urlInforme);
                $ckfile = tempnam ("./", "CURLCOOKIE");
                $ch = curl_init ($urlInforme);
                curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, $ckfile);
                curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
                $output = curl_exec ($ch);
                $ch = curl_init ($urlInforme);
                curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, $ckfile);
                curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
                $fp = fopen("salida.pdf", "w");
                curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp);
                $output = curl_exec ($ch);