3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 11:47 PM by HrishikeshJ RSS

Supply Demand

Known_Sword
      Hi,

I have an item that is showing

current on-hand 68
      available quantity 0

and then many 'Sales order' and 'Reserved sales order' lines in -qty.

What does this mean? I am on 11.5.10.2.
        • 1. Re: Supply Demand
          JasonBatzlaff
          Which screen are you looking at? Are you getting this info from the On-hand Inquiry, Item SupplyDemand Form or via an ATP Inquiry.

Sounds like the sales orders have reserved the on-hand quantity. Because of the reservations, your Available quantity is reduced from 68 to zero. Oracle maintains a distinction between pure on-hand quantity and available quantity. The on-hand quantity is what you physically have in stock if you were to count it. But the available quantity shows your balance after you deduct the reserved quantity.
          • 2. Re: Supply Demand
            Known_Sword
            I am getting from Item SupplyDemand Form or via an ATP Inquiry.

What is purpose of ATP in on-hand quantity or available quantity. I have got many lines of this item in
            'mtl_material_transactions_temp' .

Want to understand how this is working.
            • 3. Re: Supply Demand
              HrishikeshJ
              Difference in Onhand and Available quantities is attributed to 3 things:
              1. Reservations
              2. Allocations
              3. Pending Transactions

1. If you have placed reservation (say on sales order ) with supply source as Inventory, then available quantity is computed as Onhand - quantity reserved .
              They are stored in MTL_RESERVATIONS table.
              2. If you have allocation records against move order (say pickwave or requisition mo) then that quantity is reduced from onhand at the subinventory level.
              They are stored in MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS_TEMP table with transaction_status = 2
              3. Pending transactions are added to onhand quantity.(pending issue transaction will thus get reduced from onhand)
              They are stored in MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS_TEMP table with transaction_status = 1 or 3

There is lot more of computation performed to calculate Onhand, available to transact and available to reserve quantites.
              Entire calculation is known as Quantity Tree.

Thanks,
              Hrishi