ACO wrote:You cannot clone 18.104.22.168 apps tier so 64-bit since it is not certified -- Frequently Asked Questions: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on x86-64 [ID 343917.1]
This is our current system:
OS RH Linux 3 32-bits
ebs Upgrade from 22.214.171.124( OS RedHead 32 bit) to 12.1.3 (OS 64 bit)
OS RH Linux 6 64-bits
The questions that I have are general about the approach which I need to follow:
1. Shell I upgrade everything in one (OS, DB, Apps) or split in stages:
- The limitations I have here are RH 6 64 bit is not certified with ebs 126.96.36.199 and DB 11G R2, therefore I don't have that option.
2. My intention is to mitigate the risk and I'm thinking to split the upgrade process into the following stages:
a. clone 188.8.131.52 to OS RH Linux 5 64-bits
b. upgrade DB to 184.108.40.206
c. upgrade apps to 12.1.3
d. clone 12.1.3 from OS RH Linux 5 64-bits to OS RH Linux 6 64-bits
Let me know your opinion about this.
r_g_financials_dba wrote:It is possible and supported as long as it is certified.
You said ---- clone 12.1.3 from OS RH Linux 5 64-bits to OS RH Linux 6 64-bits
Cloning I do not think supports
cloning from one server to another when the OS has changed
so if you are planning to clone from Linux 5 to Linux 6 ...ummm...I dont think this is possible
ACO wrote:The above is not certified since I assumed in my previous update that you can migrate the database and upgrade to R12 directly without releasing the environment (which is on 11i) to the users. If you want to go with the above approach, use Linux 5 for the database tier node, then upgrade to R12 then upgrade the OS to Linux 6 as the last step.
My idea behind splitting the upgrade task in stages is to mitigate the risk and reduce downtime.
If I understand correctly the process should be the following:
1. Upgrade the database from 10gR2 to 11gR2 (220.127.116.11) by using Export/import notes on Applications 11i Database 11g
- Release system to work with separated nodes DB on 64 bit machine and apps on 32 bit machine for a couple of weeks and prepare for the next stage.
2. Upgrade Apps to R12 by laying down R12 (12.1.1) on 64 bit machine
3. Upgrade apps to 12.1.3 on the same mahcine.
Thank you in advance for your confirmation.