This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 11:47 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Certview authenticate page blank

975550 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I just signed up for an exam on Monday 11/26 and was asked to authenticate my certview account.

I put in my Oracle test ID and email address both of which I received through my cert sign up mail from Pearson Vue and hit authenticate on the certview page and nothing gets displayed. I just get a blank page that says nothing.

How do I know if I am authenticated or not because I would love to know my results at the earliest possible time after I give my test on Monday.

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Certview authenticate page blank
    bigdelboy Pro
    972547 wrote:
    I just signed up for an exam on Monday 11/26 and was asked to authenticate my certview account.

I put in my Oracle test ID and email address both of which I received through my cert sign up mail from Pearson Vue and hit authenticate on the certview page and nothing gets displayed. I just get a blank page that says nothing.

How do I know if I am authenticated or not because I would love to know my results at the earliest possible time after I give my test on Monday.

Thanks!
    It can take a couple of days to come through .... the systems are connected by batch processes not real time.

You will get your exam results immediately after the exam (unless it is a beta). Having said that only certview knows about certifications, so it is important to get resgistered there, but no need to rush. Concentrate on your study, then the result wil sort itself out!

Edited by: bigdelboy on 21-Nov-2012 11:31 Good Luck.
  • 2. Re: Certview authenticate page blank
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    There is actually a new process for retrieving exam results https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/07381. They are no longer provided at the test center. All candidates must access exam results at certview.oracle.com.

That said, please let us know right away if your exam results were not available. Please contact Oracle Certification Support http://bit.ly/KMsuH3 and they will assist. Bigdelboy is correct in that it may take 24-48 hours for a new Pearson VUE account to be uploaded to CertView for authentication.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 3. Re: Certview authenticate page blank
    977370 Newbie
    I too am facing the same issue,yest i took my exam in mumbai,after my exam prometric representative told i would get the results within half an hour its been a day and i havent received any thing from them.
    I also created my certview account and when i try to authenticate myself with testing id and email it is redirecting to a blank page.What should i do now please help?
  • 4. Re: Certview authenticate page blank
    977373 Newbie
    Exact same thing for me
  • 5. Re: Certview authenticate page blank
    bigdelboy Pro
    974367 wrote:
    I too am facing the same issue,yest i took my exam in mumbai,after my exam prometric representative told i would get the results within half an hour its been a day and i havent received any thing from them.
    I also created my certview account and when i try to authenticate myself with testing id and email it is redirecting to a blank page.What should i do now please help?
    Okay ...

First problem is you asked a prometric representive.

However Oracle Certification exams are provided from through Pearson Vue not Prometric.

However that is but a minor detail. Crick-et is important. Spin Counts. Runs Count. The Ladies of Mumbai like their G-o-l-d!

Getting more serious As Brandye indicates a couple of post earlier there are new procedures just recently in place:

I haven't taken an exam myself; but I think the following is the idea:

- You get your Pearson view certview registration and access going properly before you take the exam.
    - As exam preparation will take many weeks for most people this shouldn't be a problem.
    - Though as this procedure has only just come this change may take a while to come through.
    - That way you should have little problems and I assume the results will come through in less than half a day ... from what people say (usually ... sometimes things break down).

- There may be a false idea the results will come via email .....
    - They will in fact come just before the exam.

- If you are registering with Pearson Vue and Certview only just before the exam then and registration difficulties or inconsistencies may extend your time to view the results.
    - I think this is what may have happened to you.
    - However I was testing these things out and say fit to make the following post: {thread:id=2470950} ... this may or may not be relevant to you. Please note how much detail I describe the problem in ( I know the jokes are bad ediquette but they come with my answers).
    - I (and perhaps more importantly Oracle/Brandye) are therefore really interested in whether you have looged into certview successully and from what page and what URL link the blank page occurs

- Occasionally, but not infrequently, certview may be down. This is probably more likely at weekend. And it could be related to a particular webserver for a particular country. However certview was up for me combining this test.

- There is also a possibility (IMHO) the test center did not upload the results successfully to Pearson Vue central ... and that might not happen until after the weekend. Little happens at weekends ... apart from systems going down.

If unsure see Brandye's post 2 pages earlier, gather all your facts and study all her links and raise a service request if necessary.

Also see my post on {message:id=10722095} and associated links.
  • 6. Re: Certview authenticate page blank
    bigdelboy Pro
    Another tip is if you are having problems accessing certview score reports then it is possible using a different browser may help. I seemed to have problems with google chrome, but not with firefox 3.6.
  • 7. Re: Certview authenticate page blank
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I have found out that this issue is a bug that is currently being worked on. We hope to have this resolved asap.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points