This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 8:49 AM by 975572 RSS

SampleAppv207

975572 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all...my first post.

My question is: In the last two weeks, has anyone successfully downloaded and installed the prebuilt VM for BI ? Its is the one from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/obiee-samples-167534.html

I am following all the directions...using 7Zip etc, but the consolidated archive is "corrupt". I have searched & read every thread I can find on the net, and the usual answer is that the download was faulty. However, I have downloaded all the parts multiple times and checked that the MD5 is the same between downloads. However, the MD5's do not match the ones published on the downloads page.

I think it could not be a random download fault and still have the same MD5 several times in a row.

Can anyone confirm that they have had success downloading and importing this VM in the last couple of weeks?
  • 1. Re: SampleAppv207
    orafad Oracle ACE
    Welcome to the forums.

I suppose posting in the OBIEE forum would be better:
    Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition

Before you "move" your post there, make sure to use the Search facility becuase the vbox image / Sampleapp has likely been discussed before.

Verify that you've followed the description on the downloads page on how to manage all zip files including .ovf:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/obiee-samples-167534.html

Also, I remember that md5 sums for prebuilt vm's has been known to be wrong (outdated) before. I do not know if that's the case now, but you're findings are pointing in that direction. :)

Edited by: orafad on Nov 21, 2012 10:10 PM
  • 2. Re: SampleAppv207
    975572 Newbie
    Thanks orafad. I had read all the posts previously but on re-read I noticed people were using IDM. Switched to this D/L manager and was successful (based on MD5s). Two of eleven files failed on the first DL but worked on the second.

So for the sake of future forum searchers:

1) Yes Sampleappv207 download works as today's date

2) The published MD5's are correct

3) Switching to IDM either fixed my previous D/L problems or was a coincidence.

4) Import of appliance into VirtualBox worked fine

Thanks again Orafad for your previous response.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points