2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 4:04 PM by 975569 RSS

Security warning wants to install certification for a remote computer

Every bootup, before opening anything, i get a Security Warning that a "oracle" certificate wants to install for a remote computer to access my machine. I always click no, having no idea what this is, and I certainly do not want to allow a remote computer to access. I have screen shots of the details but I don't see how to attach a jpg here. I've searched the registry and startup items and nothing resembles my issue. Please note this does not occur when opening IE or FF, but as soon as Windows loads the desktop screen, as if the registry is triggering this cert.
        • 1. Re: Security warning wants to install certification for a remote computer
          gimbal2
          user8036030 wrote:
          but I don't see how to attach a jpg here.
          You can't because this is not a tech support forum. This is a programming oriented forum.

Getting such a request is not normal in any case, you should investigate what boots up with your computer to try and trace the source. CCleaner can help there for example, but there are more to the point windows management tools available from the microsoft website to trace what is happening in your computer.
          • 2. Re: Security warning wants to install certification for a remote computer
            Many thanks. I am somewhat experienced in editing the registry, and know where all the 'run' and 'runonce' strings are located. I have searched them all. I have also searched the reg for terms used in the security warning. I've run CC cleaner, malwarebytes, norton security, and two online security sites, and they call come back normal. No problems.

But I reboot and there is the warning, telling me that an Oracle certificate wants to install to enable a remote computer access. Of course I click NO, but I cannot find how to kill the beast.