This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 4:08 PM by 975386 RSS

Java Access Bridge and Windows 7 Run as Administrator Mode

975386 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've had to add java access bridge support to a winforms .net application. The application must be run as administrator for certain functions to work on Windows 7. Unfortunately, I've found the JAB breaks when it's run from a program that has been elevated to administrator.

I'm able to reproduce the issue with JavaFerret.exe. Running with a simple double click has no issue tracking mouse events etc, but if I start it via right click "run as administrator" then nothing gets presented in the output window. Can others confirm JavaFeret.exe breaks for them as well in Windows 7 admin mode? Any ideas what's going on and how to work around the issue?
  • 1. Re: Java Access Bridge and Windows 7 Run as Administrator Mode
    975386 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    So after a bit of experimenting we've found that as long as the accessibility program that's hosting the JAB and the java program that is being interacted with are both run in administrator mode then the issue goes away.

In our case we were able to launch IE from the accessibility program (which was already in administrator mode), opening the java applet in IE and successfully use the JAB between the two.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points