This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 10:24 PM by 931474 RSS

DR site OS version is different compare with Production

931474 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

In my production 11gR2 database running in RHEL 5.6 version.

My DR site DELL server is advance version and the minimum OS version RHEL 5.7. So I couldn't able to install RHEL 5.6.

If I install advance version of OS then it will give any issues during the DR database implementation. Anyone please give your suggestion....

Muthu
  • 1. Re: DR site OS version is different compare with Production
    Shivananda Rao Guru
    Hello,

Please refer this http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e25608/standby.htm#i58150

You can have your OS on primary and standby servers to be different, but make sure that the same release of Oracle Database is installed on both primary and standby servers.

Note from the document:
    Data Guard provides increased flexibility for Data Guard configurations in which the primary and standby systems may have different CPU architectures, operating systems (for example, Windows & Linux), operating system binaries (32-bit/64-bit), or Oracle database binaries (32-bit/64-
    bit).
    The same release of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition must be installed on the primary database and all standby databases, except during rolling database upgrades using logical standby databases.
  • 2. Re: DR site OS version is different compare with Production
    931474 Newbie
    Many thanks for help Shiva now I got exact information.

Muthu.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points