This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 12:31 PM by bigdelboy RSS

About passing Exams

975669 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi there guys iam planning to do OCP 11g. Whats the best method to clear exams?
My friend told me that exam is tough and i cant pass it without the help of dumps.

Tell me guys should I go with dumps?

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: About passing Exams
    bigdelboy Pro
    972666 wrote:
    Learn the exam topics, practice and experience
    My friend told me that exam is tough
    True enough unless you know what you are doing in which case it is somewhat easy
    and i cant pass it without the help of dumps.
    Certainly not the case for honorable people.
    No you shouldn't .... if you think you need to you cant do the job and you're wrong for the job.

https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0477

>
    Thanks.
    Please don't associate with dishonourable friends.

It is good you seem to realize thing and I wish you well.
  • 2. Re: About passing Exams
    975669 Newbie
    bigdelboy wrote:
    972666 wrote:
    Learn the exam topics, practice and experience
    My friend told me that exam is tough
    True enough unless you know what you are doing in which case it is somewhat easy
    and i cant pass it without the help of dumps.
    Certainly not the case for honorable people.
    No you shouldn't .... if you think you need to you cant do the job and you're wrong for the job.
    Thanks for reply.

Can you tell me why dumps available freely on the internet? Why Certification authorities do not do something about it? Every other person is becoming certified in networking, Oracle etc. If someone do not use dumps he is at loss with money prospective not learning prospective between. And I think the Certification authorities distribute their exams to the Dumps sites to make money out of it, that is why they are so accurate. Its just my opinion :P

And moreover the institute that my friend studied in had no credible teacher they told him that you cannot pass the test without dumps and there level of teaching was very low.

So the option to pass is to use dumps :( . Well one can pass the test with dumps and then can study with no worries :)
  • 3. Re: About passing Exams
    matthew_morris Expert
    And I think the Certification authorities distribute their exams to the Dumps sites to make money out of it, that is why they are so accurate.
    I'm answering this one first because the answer has relevance to the first question in your post. Creating a website to sell something (like certification study material) is very easy. By contrast, creating certification study material is hard (I know this firsthand. I write Oracle study guides). Getting the questions and answers out of proctored testing centers isn't simple, but it could be done more easily by individuals who are ignorant of Oracle than creating the information from scratch. My assumption on the large number of companies creating dumps is that they are operations run by a very small number of unscrupulous people (possibly just a single person) who obtain the material illegally and then rapidly turn it into a Q&A to sell to test seekers. In researching my study guides, I sometimes run over snippets from dumps. They are invariably riddled with content errors that indicate the person who wrote them knows nothing of Oracle. Some seekers buy them without being aware that the content is prohibited, and others simply don't care.
    Can you tell me why dumps available freely on the internet?
    The people who buy dumps from the above companies knowing they are prohibited are cheating and they know that they are buying what is essentially stolen goods. That said, many will have no qualms about making the material they just bought available to others for free. People who get his material freely from one source will likewise re-post it in new locations or email it to individuals who request it.
    Why Certification authorities do not do something about it?
    They do. Oracle has an OCP fraud department. The people who actually make the dumps tend to be in foreign countries, which makes prosecution of copyright theft somewhere between difficult and impossible. However, they can (and will) revoke the certification from individuals who they determine to have used dumps to pass exams.
    Every other person is becoming certified in networking, Oracle etc. If someone do not use dumps he is at loss with money prospective not learning prospective between.
    Saying that 'Everyone cheats, so it is OK if I cheat too' is untrue on both counts. I have taken a couple dozen certification tests and have never used a dump on any of them. Also, passing a test for which you had prior access to the questions and answers doesn't demonstrate anything. It is also extremely unlikely to get you hired. I am, and have been, in positions to hire Oracle professionals. I do not glance at a resume, see 'OCP' on it, and hire them. If I call someone in for an interview that has an OCP, and my questioning of them indicates that they don't have sufficient knowledge to have passed the exam, I will cut the interview short and shred their resume. Studying for the exam is more valuable than having the certification. You need to know the information to be able to do the work. You don't need to have the certification.
    And moreover the institute that my friend studied in had no credible teacher they told him that you cannot pass the test without dumps and there level of teaching was very low.
    He should have demanded a refund.
    So the option to pass is to use dumps . Well one can pass the test with dumps and then can study with no worries
    Well, the saying goes that 'Ignorance is Bliss'. Using dumps to pass the exams will indeed mask ignorance so you could claim it reduces worries. However, it might be a little worrying when you get an email from ocpfraud indicating that you have been banned from obtaining Oracle certifications for using dumps. Alternately, you might get a little worried when no employer takes you seriously when you are searching for a job because your ignorance about Oracle is obvious minutes into any interview you go to. Even if you manage to fool the interviewer and get hired as a DBA, you might get a little worried when you start your new job as a DBA and realize that you have absolutely no idea how to do your job.

Just about any decent Oracle DBA can pass these exams with a reasonable amount of study using either the Oracle documentation or valid third-party study materials. By inference, someone who cannot pass the test by studying using these materials probably wouldn't make a good DBA.
  • 4. Re: About passing Exams
    975669 Newbie
    matthew_morris wrote:
    And I think the Certification authorities distribute their exams to the Dumps sites to make money out of it, that is why they are so accurate.
    I'm answering this one first because the answer has relevance to the first question in your post. Creating a website to sell something (like certification study material) is very easy. By contrast, creating certification study material is hard (I know this firsthand. I write Oracle study guides). Getting the questions and answers out of proctored testing centers isn't simple, but it could be done more easily by individuals who are ignorant of Oracle than creating the information from scratch. My assumption on the large number of companies creating dumps is that they are operations run by a very small number of unscrupulous people (possibly just a single person) who obtain the material illegally and then rapidly turn it into a Q&A to sell to test seekers. In researching my study guides, I sometimes run over snippets from dumps. They are invariably riddled with content errors that indicate the person who wrote them knows nothing of Oracle. Some seekers buy them without being aware that the content is prohibited, and others simply don't care.
    Thanks for the answere..

I still think the certification vendors sell them to dumps to the dumps sites to make extra money. If dumps are created illegally without any help of the official person then how they are word by word accurate? Not a single error of fullstop or coma.
    He should have demanded a refund.
    Well there was only one institue in the city so no other choice.

So his certificates will be cancelled?? even he got the certificate?

And what about this site? http://www.selftestsoftware.com/certprep-materials/oracle/database-10g.kap ... Oracle sponsored dumps?
  • 5. Re: About passing Exams
    matthew_morris Expert
    972666 wrote:
    I still think the certification vendors sell them to dumps to the dumps sites to make extra money. If dumps are created illegally without
    any help of the official person then how they are word by word accurate? Not a single error of fullstop or coma.
    I have no control over what you think. You are incorrect. It's something that bothered me once upon a time. After some thought, I came up with two different possibilities. Not posting either one here or anywhere.
    Well there was only one institue in the city so no other choice.
    There's always choices -- just not always good ones. If nothing else, Oracle offers on-demand training online.
    So his certificates will be cancelled?? even he got the certificate?
    If ocpfraud determines someone has cheated, then all of their certifications can be revoked and they can be banned from the program, yes.
    And what about this site? http://www.selftestsoftware.com/certprep-materials/oracle/database-10g.kap ... Oracle sponsored dumps?
    Self Test Software and Transcender (both owned by Kaplan) are the only two Oracle approved vendors of practice tests. They are not 'dumps'. Dumps have a very specific meaning. Dumps are short for 'Brain Dumps' from when people who had taken a test would immediately write everything down that they remembered of the questions and answers and post them online (i.e. a 'dump' of their brain). The 'dumps' sold online these days are not really created that way, but it still means Questions and Answers pulled from real tests. The tests created by Kaplan do not have actual test questions and answers, but they have an agreement with Oracle whereby their practice tests are extremely similar to the real exams without giving away the real questions.
  • 6. Re: About passing Exams
    975669 Newbie
    Thanks for your time really appreciate it Sir.

Now my friend is worried sick, when i told him all about that, he did not know it will end up like that. Can you give any suggestion for him??
  • 7. Re: About passing Exams
    bigdelboy Pro
    972666 wrote:
    Thanks for your time really appreciate it Sir.

Now my friend is worried sick, when i told him all about that, he did not know it will end up like that. Can you give any suggestion for him??
    Please be aware i am interested in giving an answer to this question but please appreciate i need to consider the answer carefully , and give a careful answer, perhaps using iggy or other techniques, rather than my usual off-the-cuff answers. Expect a (non-authorative and personal opinion only) answer from me in a couple of days.
  • 8. Re: About passing Exams
    975669 Newbie
    Thanks for replying and helping me out..

Anyone know what is the procedure? How they come to know that a certain individual has used dumps or no?
  • 9. Re: About passing Exams
    matthew_morris Expert
    How they come to know that a certain individual has used dumps or no?
    I don't know all of the methods they have, and it wouldn't be appropriate for me to post here even if I did. The simplest method is that someone reports them.

If your friend has cheated, there is no way for him to un-cheat, so there really isn't any corrective action for him to take at this point. He may or may not be found out. He should simply be aware going forward that using dumps is playing with fire. You don't need to. There is plenty of material available for exam preparation, much of it freely available.
  • 10. Re: About passing Exams
    975669 Newbie
    Thanks for the reply sir.

So what you suggest should I tell him change his career? Or can he upgrade 10g to 11g without use of dumps then he will be fine? If he continue like this his career will be in danger. What should he do now?
  • 11. Re: About passing Exams
    bigdelboy Pro
    972666 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply sir.

So what you suggest should I tell him change his career? Or can he upgrade 10g to 11g without use of dumps then he will be fine? If he continue like this his career will be in danger. What should he do now?
    I am still considering a full answer.  And the full answer may be a little more interesting ... but calmness and patience is necessary.  I have yet to apply the iggy.  I am responding off the cuff.

My initial thought is not to jump at quick answers. And that is what you seem to be trying to do. Be calm.

The DBA in general should not panic at the first wrong thing. It is rarely one mistake that causes a really bad outcome, it is often 2 or more. The DBA needs to be able to work the problem through.

The advice immediately move away from dumps is good. That is a nobrainer. I have somewhat personal belief and hope those who have seen the light and geninuely move away from dumps would be seen more favourably by OCP fraud than those who continue with dumps. Unfortunately lieniency can be exploited by miscreants. Answers are not simple.

I wlll answer more fully in coming days.
  • 12. Re: About passing Exams
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    Since you haven't mentioned your country/city , its not possible to suggest anything about the training facility in your city or nearby. But if you found (or your friend) that the quality of the training was low, you have, as already been suggested, the choice to go for on-line training. There are two training formats that are given by OU in it, Live Virtual Class(LVC) and Training On-Demand . The first one is a real, actual class except that you would be attending it while sitting at your home or office. There would be an instructor who would be sitting somewhere else and the class would be conducted virtually . Everything would be there that's normally is present in an ILT class otherwise except that you won't be physically present in a classroom and you would be able to see your instructor through his webcam . The other format, which is more self-paced, is training on demand where you would get the same experience of learning that is there in an ILT class where an instructor is standing and delivering the sessions and so on but just that all those sessions are going to be pre-recorded. You can play those recorded videos for whatever number of times in an allotted time period and also can do the hands-on in a given lab environment for a particular time period. In addition to these above mentioned two course structures, OU also offers some courses over the CD's as well.

For the details of any of these formats(and other formats too), you may visit the following link,
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=69

HTH
    Aman....
  • 13. Re: About passing Exams
    975669 Newbie
    Thanks for the reply really appreciate your help..

If he should have known that it will go this way he would never have done that. The instructor told him that its nearly impossible to pass to exam without dumps so thats why he chose the dumps path. And moreover the institute got closed few months back, i think someone reported whats going on there.

OK what has been done cannot be reverted. Please tell me the solution how to get him out of this mess. waiting for reply..
  • 14. Re: About passing Exams
    Justin Cave Oracle ACE
    Realistically, there is likely no way to get out of the mess. Your friend can't go back and uncheat on the exams he's passed.

On the other hand, if he stops using dumps now, as time passes, it should be less and less likely that he'll get caught up in a fraud investigation. Oracle has plenty of work on its hands keeping up with current fraud, it's probably unlikely that they're going to expend a whole lot of energy looking for fraud in exams that were passed years ago. That doesn't mean that they won't take action if they happen to come across a database of past cheating during the course of an investigation. And it doesn't mean that Oracle hasn't already identified your friend's exam results as suspect and are just waiting for the investigation to end before cancelling the scores. But it does mean that if he stops cheating now and gets lucky that he'll tend to be in less jeopardy as time passes.

Of course, this is all speculation from people that have no inside knowledge of how Oracle investigates fraud on a daily basis. But it's pretty safe to assume that Oracle approaches investigations the same way everyone else does by prioritizing current wrongdoing where the evidence tends to be more clear-cut than cheating that happened years ago.

Justin
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points