3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 12:15 PM by Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle RSS

SOA Suite Installation on Linux

Hi all,

Well, I don't have much experience with Linux so I think that it might be the issue here.

I installed the database and now im trying to execute RCU on terminal (./rcuHome/bin/rcu) to create the needed schemmas but i'm getting the following error:

./rcuHome/bin/rcu: 276: ./rcuHome/bin/rcu: /home/ideal/rcuHome/jdk/jre/bin/java: not found

I checked RCU home dir and it is ok. /home/ideal/rcuHome/jdk/jre/bin/java is a valid path and the file is there.

I tried searching for this problem on google but with no sucess, i'm stuck on that. Could you guys help me to figure it out and solve this problem?

PS: I opened rcu file to see the script and i think this problem can be related to oracle_home variable but i'm not sure about it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Philip

Edited by: Luiz Philip on 22/11/2012 05:29
        • 1. Re: SOA Suite Installation on Linux
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Philip,

RCU GUI is certified to run on 32 bit operating systems only so first check whether you are on 32 bit system. Moreover RCU can be run remotely as well so you may download RCU windows version and run it from windows 32 bit OS to create schema's in any remote database (irrespective of on what OS DB is installed).

You may use RCU on 64bit OS in silent mode.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: SOA Suite Installation on Linux
            Anuj, You were right, my linux is 64bit version. Now i'm facing another problem.

I'm able to execute RCU now but when i'm going to especify the database connection details it's giving me "Invalid Service Name".

Well I tried it with: "XE", "xe", "oracle-xe" and does not work so I got my tnsname.ora file to see which SID is configured there. Here it follows:

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File:

XE = (DESCRIPTION =
            (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)
            (HOST = idealvm)(PORT = 1521))
            (CONNECT_DATA =
            (SERVER = DEDICATED)
            (SERVICE_NAME = XE)
            )

)

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =(DESCRIPTION =
            (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS =
            (PROTOCOL = IPC)
            (KEY = EXTPROC_FOR_XE)))
            (CONNECT_DATA =
            (SID = PLSExtProc)
            (PRESENTATION = RO)
            ))

I executed the service --status-all command and it listed me: oracle-xe and oracle-shm

I also checked the environment variable value for oracle_sid ( #echo "$ORACLE_SID ) and it returned "XE".

What Am I doing wrong ? RCU is giving me a beating... Do you have any suggestion for this other error? I'm trying now to execute RCU from windows and it's 64bit version too, Do you think this is the problem yet?

Thanks again,

Philip

Edited by: Luiz Philip on 22/11/2012 09:43

Edited by: Luiz Philip on 22/11/2012 10:15
            • 3. Re: SOA Suite Installation on Linux
              Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
              Philip,

Please refer -

RCU fails with "invalid service name"

Regards,
              Anuj