This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 2:32 PM by 972351 RSS

Javahost Error : BI Admin Tool : nQSError 60001 and 77029

972351 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a new repository using Oracle BI Admin Tool.

Oracle BI server is in a remoot Unix machine, and I installed Oracle BI Admin Tool Client in my windows 7 machine.

At the second step of Create New repository, I choose the connexion type Oracle OLAP, when I click next, I get the message *[nQSError : 6001] Connection failed for Remoote Service-JavaHost-AWImportService11G with message [nQSError : 77029] Java Host is not available inside the function AWImportService11G of SAW RPC modules ...*

I made sure my NQSConfig.INI file on my machine contains the following information JAVAHOST_HOSTNAME_OR_IP_ADDRESSES = "10.x.x.x":9810;

But still, the same error ....

Any clue ??
  • 1. Re: Javahost Error : BI Admin Tool : nQSError 60001 and 77029
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Check this Doc ID 1330191.1

As per this Solution is:

To resolve access the Oracle OLAP cube from Admin tool when the JavaHost component was started up.

This has already been added to the documentation:

Oracle® Fusion Middleware Metadata Repository Builder's Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
    (http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E21764_01/bi.1111/e10540/datasource.htm#CACIDAAD)

Setting Up Oracle OLAP Data Sources
    Before you import from an Oracle OLAP data source, ensure that the datasource is a standard form Analytic Workspace.
    In addition, the JavaHost process must be running to import from Oracle OLAP data sources, for both offline and online imports.

If helps pls mark as correct/helpful
  • 2. Re: Javahost Error : BI Admin Tool : nQSError 60001 and 77029
    972351 Newbie
    thanks,

As I'm new to Oracle BI, I didn't understand this :

ensure that the datasource is a standard form Analytic Workspace : how can I ensure this ?

JavaHost process must be running to import from Oracle OLAP data sources : I checked http://host:7001/em/ , in Availability tab under coreapplication , I found that Java Hosts BI has a status of running . Is it what I really need to check ?

for both offline and online imports : How Cana I ensure java host is running for both online and offline mode ?

I have in my case I have a cube that I created using AWM, and that I want to use for reports.

Thx for your help !

Edited by: 969348 on 22 nov. 2012 10:46
  • 3. Re: Javahost Error : BI Admin Tool : nQSError 60001 and 77029
    JaiG Pro
    Refer to this for your first question about standard form Analytic Workspace: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B13789_01/olap.101/b10333/stanform.htm

You did check at the right place for the JavaHost process. Also, when the document Veeravalli mentioned says In addition, the JavaHost process must be running to import from Oracle OLAP data sources, for both offline and online imports. it means that before you import offline or online, the JavaHost process should be running.

Please mark if helpful/correct.
  • 4. Re: Javahost Error : BI Admin Tool : nQSError 60001 and 77029
    972351 Newbie
    Thank you.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points