1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 1:20 PM by 975768 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
        Thank you,I got the link.I will try again.
        • 16. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
          orafad
          You'll find Oracle Home name via Services control panel (View local services, administrative tools) and look for Oracle*TnsListener services.
          The part in the middle, replaced by *, is usually the name of Home. (Oracle Home is an Installer term for a product installation.)
          • 17. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
            Thank you,I got it.
            what I got is like this from Dos:
            SQL> start OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener
            SP2-0310: unable to open file "OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener.sql"
            • 18. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
              orafad
              The net and lsnrctl commands should be submitted directly from command line, not from sqlplus
              • 19. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                Sorry,I got it.

C:\Users\myname>start OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener
                The system cannot find the file OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener.

and I also got a window jumping out says"Windows can't find 'OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener',make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again."
                Thank you so much for your patience.
                • 20. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                  sb92075
                  972765 wrote:
                  Sorry,I got it.
                  What is it?

>
                  C:\Users\myname>start OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener
                  The system cannot find the file OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener.

and I also got a window jumping out says"Windows can't find 'OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener',make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again."
                  Thank you so much for your patience.
                  at OS level Services for both database & listener must be running before trying to start the DB or listener.

the listener is started by issuing following OS command

lsnrctl start

you can confirm the status of the listener by doing as below

lsnrctl status
                  • 21. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                    if I start listener,I got like this:

LSNRCTL> start
                    Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter err
                    TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
                    • 22. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                      Yes,I have checked the status yesterday,the information is underbelow:
                      LSNRCTL> status
                      Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
                      TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
                      TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
                      TNS-00511: No listener
                      64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory
                      Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521)))
                      TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
                      TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
                      TNS-00511: No listener
                      64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error
                      • 23. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                        972765 wrote:
                        Sorry,I got it.

What is it?

I simply meant that I was sorry that I run the command you gave me under sqlplus.
                        • 24. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                          sb92075
                          972765 wrote:
                          if I start listener,I got like this:

LSNRCTL> start
                          Starting tnslsnr: please wait...

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter err
                          TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
                          at OS level Services for both database & listener MUST be running before trying to start the DB or listener.

TNS-12560 results from any number of mis-configuration that occur at the OS level;
                          for example when ORACLE_SID does not match OS Service name
                          • 25. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                            Sb92075,Thank you for your answer.Do you know how to fix it? Thank you.
                            • 26. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                              sb92075
                              972765 wrote:
                              Since I don't know what specifically is wrong, I don't know what the fix needs to be.

Have you actually confirmed that both OS Service for the DB & Listener have been started & are running?
                              • 27. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                                rp0428
                                >
                                Your issue you not related to certification
                                >
                                What is that statement based on?

If Oracle hasn't certified the product for an OS I am not aware of any way to tell if any problems that result might be due to the OS not being supported.

The XE version you are recommending is NOT supported on OP's operating system.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803/toc.htm
                                >
                                2.1.1 System Requirements
                                Table 1 provides system requirements for Oracle Database XE.

Table 1 Oracle Database XE Requirements

Requirement Value
                                System architecture
                                •Intel (x86)

Operating system
                                One of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:

•Microsoft Windows XP Professional

•Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - all editions

•Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 - all editions

•Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, and Foundation editions. The Server Core option is not supported.

•Microsoft Windows 7 - Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions
                                • 28. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                                  rp0428
                                  >
                                  >
                                  You need to start by using an OS that is supported by Oracle. If you use any non-supported OS you can expect to have problems since Oracle may not work properly.

Ed Steven's gave you the best advice possible and you should not ignore it if you want Oracle to work properly.
                                  >
                                  What 'edition' of Windows? Oracle is not certified to run on any "home" edition of Windows.
                                  >
                                  Even the XE edition that was recommended to you does NOT support your OS.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803/toc.htm
                                  >
                                  2.1.1 System Requirements
                                  Table 1 provides system requirements for Oracle Database XE.

Table 1 Oracle Database XE Requirements

Requirement Value
                                  System architecture
                                  •Intel (x86)

Operating system
                                  One of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:

•Microsoft Windows XP Professional

•Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - all editions

•Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 - all editions

•Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, and Foundation editions. The Server Core option is not supported.

•Microsoft Windows 7 - Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions
                                  >
                                  If you use an unsupported OS you are likely to have problems that you will not be able to diagnose or fix and that NO ONE can help you with.
                                  • 29. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
                                    Have you actually confirmed that both OS Service for the DB & Listener have been started & are running?

yes,db is running,but no matter how hard I try,I can't start listener.It seems that the windows cannot find the file OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener.