This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 11:20 AM by 975768 RSS

Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started

975768 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi dear all, I am a newbie.My oracle11g enterprise edition listener can't get started,I tested the status of listener,I got information like this:
LSNRCTL> status
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
TNS-00511: No listener
64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521)))
64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error
I have installed my oracle 11g enterprise edition only once successfully, and I have never uninstalled it.The problem was strange, the day before yesterday everything was working well,just yesterday morning after I started my computer, then I went to the services to start OracleserviceORCL,meanwhile I noticed the listener wasn't starting.Once I start the listener,it goes automaticlly "stop".I couldn't figure out why,it was really really frustrated.I googled a lot,got some information,but none of them gives me a clear answer.I don't know how to do and what to do.
I can use sql developer to access a remote database account,but not to my own Oracle database account.I can still access my database from dos,this means my oracle database is still good.What happened to the listener?What should I do next?Please help me.Thanks to everyone ahead of time and happy Thanksgivings!

BTW,My operating system is windows 7, 64bit.
  • 1. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    phaeus Pro
    Hello,
    have you installed something recently? Check your env variables from the dos box. Have you set ORACLE_HOME, is your PATH VAR showing your oracle home first against others?
    Did you have more than one oracle home on your client?
    regards
    Peter
  • 2. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    975768 Newbie
    Hi Peter,thanks for your quick reply.Yes, Oracle is really new to me,I did install the Oracle recently,I installed it this Monday.I only have one oracle home.This is how I set my env variables.

set ORACLE_HOME=C:\app\myname\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1

set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=%ORACLE_HOME%/lib

set PATH=%ORACLE_HOME%/bin;%PATH%

set ORACLE_SID=orcl

Is this correct?Many many thanks to you for your response.I really appreciated.
  • 3. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    phaeus Pro
    Hello,
    i don`t think you need a LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Windows. Also you Path should be %ORACLE_HOME%\bin not %ORACLE_HOME/bin but in the end you should not need this for the WINDOWS Service to start.
    I would try this things first.
    Rename your listener.ora to listener.ora.ori (You did not need it for a first startup of the listener)
    Remove the LD_LIBRARY_PATH Variable
    Be sure that you start your dos box in Administrator mode
    Maybe try to ping your localhost (should be 127.0.0.1)
    try to start the listener

regards
    Peter
  • 4. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    EdStevens Guru
    972765 wrote:
    Hi dear all, I am a newbie.My oracle11g enterprise edition listener can't get started,I tested the status of listener,I got information like this:
    LSNRCTL> status
    Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1521)))
    64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory
    Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521)))
    64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error
    I have installed my oracle 11g enterprise edition only once successfully, and I have never uninstalled it.The problem was strange, the day before yesterday everything was working well,just yesterday morning after I started my computer, then I went to the services to start OracleserviceORCL,meanwhile I noticed the listener wasn't starting.Once I start the listener,it goes automaticlly "stop".I couldn't figure out why,it was really really frustrated.I googled a lot,got some information,but none of them gives me a clear answer.I don't know how to do and what to do.
    I can use sql developer to access a remote database account,but not to my own Oracle database account.I can still access my database from dos,this means my oracle database is still good.What happened to the listener?What should I do next?Please help me.Thanks to everyone ahead of time and happy Thanksgivings!

BTW,My operating system is windows 7, 64bit.
    What 'edition' of Windows? Oracle is not certified to run on any "home" edition of Windows.
  • 5. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    975768 Newbie
    Thank you very much,EdStevens.
    My windows is home premium,omg,this news was devastated.
  • 6. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    975768 Newbie
    Thank you again,Peter.I will give a try for all what you suggested.I did ping myself,everything was fine.One more question:where is the "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ? I didn't find it in environment variables.Thank you so much.

Edited by: 972765 on Nov 22, 2012 1:24 PM
  • 7. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    972765 wrote:
    Thank you very much,EdStevens.
    My windows is home premium,omg,this news was devastated.
    to solve this issue use vmware software to create vmware on any certified OS you want .
  • 8. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    975768 Newbie
    Thank you very much,Osama.I appreciated.
  • 9. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Welcome.

Your issue you not related to certification , But its better to solve it first you can use XE edition its free for learning Purpose .

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/express-edition/downloads/index.html
  • 10. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    975768 Newbie
    Thank you,Osama.I did install a XE,but it didn't fix the problem either. When I was installing it,I got an error,I ignored it,I still could finish the installation.But when I was trying to open XE,it says " window can't find'Http:||127.0.0.1:%http port%/apex/f?p=4950',make sure you type the name correctly and then try again".I can't remember exactly what the error was,but this should be most of it.So I decided to deinstall it,luckly it was a pretty straightforward thing to do.Thank you very much for your suggestion.I really can't thank everyone enough because on such an important holiday you guys are still answering my question.Thankssssssss.
  • 11. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    Your welcome .

The Below Link describe how to install Oracle XE on Windows :
    http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Oracle/Installing-Oracle-Database-XE-on-the-Windows-Platform/
  • 12. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    orafad Oracle ACE
    972765 wrote:
    This is how I set my env variables.
    On Windows, the only thing you should (manually) set is PATH, prepending it with directory path to "bin" folder.

Remaining variables are set via oracle.key file and Registry values, having a correct Oracle installation.
  • 13. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    orafad Oracle ACE
    972765 wrote:
    I noticed the listener wasn't starting.Once I start the listener,it goes automaticlly "stop".
    Open a command window (cmd) with elevated admin - Run as administrator.

Try:

net start Oracle<home name>TNSListener (check services control panel for actual name)

lsnrctl start

Copy-paste the complete command line session in a reply here.

I can use sql developer to access a remote database account,but not to my own Oracle database account.
    You can use SQL Developer to connect "bequeath" I believe to the local db too i.e. without having to go via listener (which is currently non existent). Just as you do when you say sqlplus connection from command windows works.
  • 14. Re: Oracle 11g Enterprise edition listener can't get started
    975768 Newbie
    Hi orafad,thank you for your response.I feel so dumb,but can I ask what oracle home name is?Thank you so much.
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points