This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 4:45 PM by Deep00 RSS

Customizing LOV created from programatically populated View Object

Deep00 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I have created a view object programatically populating data and created a InputListOfValues object from the view objects LOV.

It all works good, but i have noticed the LOV column (on where the view object is cretaed) is set to operator 'Starts With' by default and rest of the columns are 'Contains', is there any way to change this default to 'Contains' on load of the inputListOfValues?

Another question is, i have tried to make the LOV not case sensitive by following instructions on the website http://tompeez.wordpress.com/2012/08/. The website explains about creating view criteria and adding bind variables. But this did not help at all, the search has never ignored case. May be this is because, the data is programatically populated (not from the database query)

Can some body suggest solutions for both of my above queries.

I am using

JDeveloper : 11.1.1.6
Weblogic : 10.3

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Customizing LOV created from programatically populated View Object
    Subramanian Meyyappan Expert
    It all works good, but i have noticed the LOV column (on where the view object is cretaed) is set to operator 'Starts With' by default and rest of the columns are >'Contains', is there any way to change this default to 'Contains' on load of the inputListOfValues?
    i read twice i cant conclude something for me atleast your collegue may understood.
    other end i cant understood where your are?
    Another question is, i have tried to make the LOV not case sensitive by following instructions on the website http://tompeez.wordpress.com/2012/08/. The website >explains about creating view criteria and adding bind variables. But this did not help at all, the search has never ignored case. May be this is because, the >data is programatically populated (not from the database query)
    But this did not help at all, the search has never ignored case.
    hey did you see that right corner of Viewcrieteria query execution mode
    http://tompeez.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/blogcaseinsensitiveinputlov-001-create-view-criteria.jpg
    if the data being queried from db means fine it will works it is working fine for me.
  • 2. Re: Customizing LOV created from programatically populated View Object
    Deep00 Newbie
    I fixed the issue by creating a view criteria with Contains option for all the attributes and tick Ignore Case option for all the attributes. Since i have selected 'Contains' for the attributes in the view criteria, my inputListOfValues showed 'Contains' as default (instead of Starts With)

This didn't work for me earlier, as i missed couple of steps mentioned below.

Under Attributes option, Select List of Values and make sure

to select Input Text with List of Values (if using this LOV for Input List of values)
    to select 'Include Search Region' with the view criteria created.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points