This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 12:27 AM by 919583 RSS

automatically logout after approx 20 min.

919583 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

We have Oracle Utilities product version 1.6.1.10.13 which have patched a few weeks ago from 1.6.1.8.6, (QM, PM, EIP). The other components are:
production environment:
- Database server: Microsoft windows x64 2008R2 (64bit), with 32Gb memory
- Application server: Microsoft windows x64 2008R2 (64bit), with 8 Gb memory
- Total application servers: 3
- IIS: 7
- Report tool: Crystal report 2008 sp3
- Oracle Enterprise Edition: 11.2.0.1
- ODBC: 6.1.7600

KIR environment
- Database server / Application server: Microsoft windows x64 2008R2 (64bit)
- memory 20GB
- IIS: 7
- Report tool: Crystal report 2008 sp3
- Oracle Enterprise Edition: 11.2.0.1
- ODBC: 6.1.7600

I have already changed the idle-timeout parameter of the Application Pools -- Process Model from 20min to 480 min.
We have at IIS, under Session state (ASP.NET) changed the Cookie Settings set Time-out (in minutes) to 1800.
Are there any other parameters involved about the session timeout?*

It is not always clear, but sometimes the user has have to close the browser before he can log in again. Sometimes only closing the browser tab is enough! Sometimes closing the browser tab and press the refresh button it's enough!

I'm trying to find out why is a user automatically logged off. Does anyone have an idea?

Any help would be appreciated.

With regards,

Nico.

Edited by: user12054070 on 23-nov-2012 2:04

Edited by: user12054070 on 23-nov-2012 2:05
  • 1. Re: automatically logout after approx 20 min.
    Luckys Pro
    Few things are unclear:
    - Are you saying it use to work properly under version 1.6.1.10.13 but patching has impacted the behavior?
    - Are the Users getting logged out before the number of timeout minutes you have configured/reset?
  • 2. Re: automatically logout after approx 20 min.
    919583 Newbie
    Luckys wrote:
    Few things are unclear:
    - Are you saying it use to work properly under version 1.6.1.10.13 but patching has impacted the behavior?
    - Are the Users getting logged out before the number of timeout minutes you have configured/reset?
    First question:
    - Our feeling is yes, it's worser then before.
    Second question:
    - Yes because we have changed -or at least we think- our application 'Lodestar' session properties time-out 08:00:00. The Classic .NET AppPool , Process model idle-timeout I have changed from 20 to 480. (I say "or at least we think", because there are more idle-timeouts)

There is maybe another remarkeble thing.
    - When the screen 'view reports' form 'Pricing & Contracts' is open. And when I click on another menu item for example contracts, then the contract screen is shown in the frame. I don't fill in anything. Then I switch to another menu item customers, and then user is kicked out. For me it's strange why is the user not thrown out of the system when he clicks on the menu item contracts?+

Or another example.
    - when you stay in view reports screen of 'Pricing & Contracts', and you switch to Customers then the customers screen is opened. You fill in a customer ID and press on search. On that moment the user is thrown out of the system. Again why is the user not already thrown out of the system when he clicks on the customer menu item?+

When the user is thrown he will be returned to the loginscreen but he can't log in again. Sometimes the browser tab has be closed and/or browser has be closed before he can log in again with SSO.

This happens random. Sometimes after a break for 5 min. another time after 20 or 30 min. We can not good say when it happens.

There are 4/5 opportunity's but we don't know which is the cause:
    - is it due cookie problem with the server settings IIS timeout. Probably not.
    - Lodestar session timeout secure
    - IIS sesson timeout
    - periodically recycling timeout and restart the IIS

My/our knowledge is not so huge that we know how can we 'debug' it or where can we find something in one of the log file's? Where do we have to look? I'm also try to log something in the event viewer for the IIS.

Edited by: user12054070 on 27-nov-2012 0:26

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points