This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Luckys wrote:First question:
Few things are unclear:
- Are you saying it use to work properly under version 22.214.171.124.13 but patching has impacted the behavior?
- Are the Users getting logged out before the number of timeout minutes you have configured/reset?
- Our feeling is yes, it's worser then before.
- Yes because we have changed -or at least we think- our application 'Lodestar' session properties time-out 08:00:00. The Classic .NET AppPool , Process model idle-timeout I have changed from 20 to 480. (I say "or at least we think", because there are more idle-timeouts)
There is maybe another remarkeble thing.
- When the screen 'view reports' form 'Pricing & Contracts' is open. And when I click on another menu item for example contracts, then the contract screen is shown in the frame. I don't fill in anything. Then I switch to another menu item customers, and then user is kicked out. For me it's strange why is the user not thrown out of the system when he clicks on the menu item contracts?+
Or another example.
- when you stay in view reports screen of 'Pricing & Contracts', and you switch to Customers then the customers screen is opened. You fill in a customer ID and press on search. On that moment the user is thrown out of the system. Again why is the user not already thrown out of the system when he clicks on the customer menu item?+
When the user is thrown he will be returned to the loginscreen but he can't log in again. Sometimes the browser tab has be closed and/or browser has be closed before he can log in again with SSO.
This happens random. Sometimes after a break for 5 min. another time after 20 or 30 min. We can not good say when it happens.
There are 4/5 opportunity's but we don't know which is the cause:
- is it due cookie problem with the server settings IIS timeout. Probably not.
- Lodestar session timeout secure
- IIS sesson timeout
- periodically recycling timeout and restart the IIS
My/our knowledge is not so huge that we know how can we 'debug' it or where can we find something in one of the log file's? Where do we have to look? I'm also try to log something in the event viewer for the IIS.
Edited by: user12054070 on 27-nov-2012 0:26