This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 8:55 AM by danieledd RSS

SCRM

danieledd Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am still testing the SCRM module.

1) I created a SCRM workflow "A" and put "is template" and "sourcing BU" as the only resolution criterias.

I created a Sourcing approval template too and put workflow "A" in the workflow field in the template configuration section.
I processes it through the workflow and found out the system picked a default SCRM workflow legacy because of the filter "sourcing BU" in my workflow not matching my SA template.

So far so good. I corrected my workflow taking out the "sourcing BU" filter and by resolving workflow I have what I expect.
But now I have a question about the workflow field in the template configuration of SA Templates: what is it for? It is clearly not its associated workflow.
Would it maybe be the workflow that will be used in all SA deriving from their related SA template?

2) I am still a bit confused on two fields: role & selection mode.
When shall I choose "author" or "role" and what is the impact of setting "one member" instead of "all members" or "multiple members"?

3) when I upload a document in the Sourcing Approval, the system gives me the possibility of ticking the "notify prior to the due/renewal date" field.
I guess system can notify "someone" when we approach the due date. But whom would it be? how long before would the notification be triggered?

Thanks and regards
Daniele
  • 1. Re: SCRM
    KellyMayfield Expert
    "But now I have a question about the workflow field in the template configuration of SA Templates: what is it for? It is clearly not its associated workflow.
    Would it maybe be the workflow that will be used in all SA deriving from their related SA template?"

This is the workflow that is used by the sourcing approval created from the template. By default sourcing approvals are "auto" resolved, however if you designate a workflow on the sourcing approval template and then create a sourcing approval from that template then it no longer auto resolves and uses the workflow designated on the template.

"2) I am still a bit confused on two fields: role & selection mode.
    When shall I choose "author" or "role" and what is the impact of setting "one member" instead of "all members" or "multiple members"?"

The author token is used when you want to grab the originator off of the sourcing approval and give that specific user rights (read, edit, workflow, owner). If you didn't use the author token and you wanted to give the originator rights then you would have to know what group they are in ahead of time and/or the user would have to select them when workflowing the sourcing approval.

If you select author only and have no other users or groups selected for that row then "one, all or multiple members" does nothing. The author is a single user and will be automatically assigned by the system.
    If you were to select users or groups in the members column thats where the one, all, multiple comes into play.

Lets say you have Group A and it contains Users 1, 2 and 3.

If you select One Member:
    The user workflowing the sourcing approval will see User 1, User 2 and User 3 listed using radio buttons. They will be able to select only one of those users. If this was marked as optional then the user could select nothing.

If you select All Members
    The user workflowing the sourcing approval will not have a selection and the system will automatically select all members of Group A. Optional does not make sense in this use case.

If you select multiple members
    The user workflowing the sourcing approval will see User 1, User 2 and User 3 listed using checkboxes. They will be able to select multiple users. If this was marked as optional then the user could select nothing.

"3) when I upload a document in the Sourcing Approval, the system gives me the possibility of ticking the "notify prior to the due/renewal date" field.
    I guess system can notify "someone" when we approach the due date. But whom would it be? how long before would the notification be triggered?"

Out of the box the system doesn't do anything with that checkbox. However, this checkbox could be used with an notification system that will email the supplier or sourcing approval owner when the document is about to be overdue.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions

Thanks
    Kelly
  • 2. Re: SCRM
    danieledd Newbie
    you are lovely and very clear!
    Thank you very much for your time

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points