This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 7:55 AM by 628269 RSS

Change Assistant - "All agents should be running and sending pulses ..."

628269 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
All,

I've hit a problem tonight with Change Assistant that I'm struggling to overcome. I have a single server instance running (HCM91FP2, Tools 8.52.09, Windows 2008R2, MSSQL - DB, App, Web on same box). I need to apply some patches and I can't get Change Assistant working. When I go in and try to View the environment it says that "All agents should be running and sending pulses ... before Change Assistant is started". This is a single server build so there is only one of each.

Here's what I've done for troubleshooting:
- Checked configuration of Agent:
hubURL=http://XXX:8081/PSEMHUB/hub
agentport=5283

- Check configuration of EM Hub:
hubURL=http://XXX:8081/PSEMHUB/hub
agentport=5283

- Cleared all the usual caches for EM Hub and CA. Restarted everything.

- Brought the EM Hub up first, there's a nice clean screen when viewing the URL.

- Brought the EM Agent up. It does give this error when starting, I'm not sure whether it's related or not:

D:\ps_home\PSEMAgent>StartAgent.bat
Sending pulse from 'com.peoplesoft.emf.peer:id=3'
Adding attribute PSAppHome: --->d:\ps_home
ERROR main EMF_CATEGORY - unexpected exception caught while instanciating an mbean
null
Adding attribute PSAppHome: --->d:\ps_home
ERROR main EMF_CATEGORY - unexpected exception caught while instanciating an mbean

There is just one entry when viewing the EM Hub URL, and the agent is running, the correct IP etc.

- Loaded Change Assistant. It pings OK, but the View button gives this error "All agents should be running and sending pulses ... before Change Assistant is started".

I have other environments on the same app and tools combination (same OS and DB level too).

Anyone have any bright ideas?

thanks

Duncan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points