7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 7:26 PM by Rajiv Dewan RSS

SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2

user608228
      Hi,

I have created a SOA composite, I want the approver to view the request details (and make changes if required) and approve the request. Now as I can see I am not allowed to attach the SOA composite at request level (option gets disabled) -it is only allowing me to attach it at the operation level. What should be my approach to implement the above use case?
      Also, if i click on the request ID to view request details at operation level it says Nothing to be viewed.

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2
          Rajiv Dewan
          request level (option gets disabled)
          Did you select Auto Approval checkbox ? You should be attach your Workflow at Request Level as well.
          Also, if i click on the request ID to view request details at operation level it says Nothing to be viewed
          It seems that some issue is there in SOA Composite. Enable logs and see the error. You can also track the request through XELSYSADM. Did you try that ?

There's a one known issue is as well: METALINK NOTE: 1495006.1 (I hope this is not the case with you)
          • 2. Re: SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2
            user608228
            Thanks Rajiv,

I was able to assign the SOA composite to the request level by un-checking Auto Approval.
            Also, regarding request details not getting displayed, should I configure request dataset for this? Please help me out here as I am new this concept of 11g (I am basically from 10g background)

Thanks
            • 3. Re: SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2
              Rajiv Dewan
              What kind of Request Details are you looking for ?

As you said that you are from OIM 10g background then Request Dataset is similar to Object Form. Object Form is required only when you want some additional info for the request from Requester.

If in current request you are able to see the Requester, Beneficiary, Application, Approver then I think these details are enough w/o dataset.

HTH
              • 4. Re: SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2
                user608228
                Hi Rajiv,

Basically approver should be able to view the request and make changes (if required) and approve. Now the request form fields that will be viewed and approved should reflect process form field (with an option to modify). Now in order to achieve this should I do code and config request data set?

Thanks again
                • 5. Re: SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2
                  Rajiv Dewan
                  Sorry, your question is not clear to me.

It seems that you want to have some kind of Request Form and you want to give permissions to Approvers to modify that data after Request Submission as well.

If my understanding is correct then I don't think OIM supports modification of the request.

Though you can attach your Dataset i.e. Application Instance Form with request but modification won't be possible. You can try with UI Configuration/Custom Code to allow approvers to modify request but I won't recommend this.
                  • 6. Re: SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2
                    user608228
                    Hi Rajiv,

There is a claim button on the request approval screen, upon clicking on this Button Approver is able to update the fields. Can you please help me out in understanding this feature in 11g R2?

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: SOA Composite -Request Level 11g R2
                      Rajiv Dewan
                      Whenever task is assigned to some group then anyone from that group can claim that task and take action on it so that more than 1 person should not take action on the same task at the same moment.

To know about 11g Features:

Go through OIM Documents provided by Oracle. Those documents are more than enough. Go through Admin Guide to know more about UI.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/admin.1112/e27149/toc.htm