This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 3:16 AM by Daniel Merchán RSS

WebCenter Portal Framework and Analytics Service

Daniel Merchán Expert
Currently Being Moderated
Hi everyone.

I'm facing an issue using Analytics in a Custom WebCenter Portal Application (PS5).

When I add a Analytics Task Flow it is saying: "Analytics Service is not available: datasource could not be found".
In addition, my JDev connection to activities is logging: "Incomplete connection reference object for connection: Activities"

Steps that I followed are:
- Create with RCU new WebCenter/MDS/Activities schemas.
- Extending existing WebCenter domain with CustomPortal manage Server.
- Create WebCenter Portal Application.
- Create DataBase connection for ACTIVITIES and assigned as ActivitiesDS.
- Configured collector with Enterprise Manager.

I review all JDBC, JNDI names etc...

Can I have in the same domain WC_Spaces and WC_CustomPortal using the same collector?.
Someone expirience the same problem?.

Regards.
  • 1. Re: WebCenter Portal Framework and Analytics Service
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi.

Update: Using ActivitiesDS used by WC_Spaces in Custom Portal is running ok.

The problem reside that in collector.log of WC_CustomPortal is always looking for "java:comp/env/jdbc/ActivitiesDS"

My Custom Portal Data Source have next JNDI Name: jdbc/activities/CustomPortalDS

If I change web.xml / weblogic.xml data sources reference always is looking for "java:comp/env/jdbc/ActivitiesDS" and not for the custom schema.

Then the problem is reduced to... How to use a custom Activities schema in a WebCenter Portal Application instead of ActivitiesDS?

By the moment I'll use the same schema of Spaces. I know that is not problem use the same... but i really want to use different.

Regards.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points