4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 9:37 AM by Bas de Klerk RSS

Interactive charts

NiharNarla
      Hi , i am new to apex , ..

Is there any to make charts interactive,, I mean i create an interactive report and the chart should change based on the filters applied on the report....

thanks.........
        • 1. Re: Interactive charts
          NiharNarla
          can any one help me with this?
          • 2. Re: Interactive charts
            Bas de Klerk
            Hi,

this is out of the box functionality. If you create an IA report and make a graph of this ( via action/format/chart ) the IA report filters get applied to your report and graph.

regards
            Bas
            • 3. Re: Interactive charts
              NiharNarla
              thanks for your reply.. It is helpful . yet i need one more doubt...

Take a scenario of Company.. Where there are Managers and employees ..

I need to create a chart with dropdown , where when i click employees i should get employee chart and when i click Managers i should get managers chart .....

Is this possible in APEX?

Thank you

Edited by: 968619 on Nov 26, 2012 1:48 AM
              • 4. Re: Interactive charts
                Bas de Klerk
                Hi Nihar,

when using IA reports you can save a report definition via Action - Save report
                You can generate all kind of alternatives as long as the data is in you master report ( which you create as developer ).
                So you can create a report "Manager chart" and a report "Employee chart"
                for more details check the APEX docu on IA reports.
                Short version :
                http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/apex/irrs-083031.html

Full docu :
                http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc/doc.42/e35124/int_rpt.htm#CHDFCIEB

Regards
                Bas